Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: GPIO Event Trigger Question
« Last post by LED Killer on Today at 11:10:56 AM »
The step where one adds the proper resistors to the equation. I used some sub-mini size momentary switches that fit perfectly right above the power connector so there's no excuses but to use them. For the units with black enclosures, I also drilled a hole in the top of the case so you could look inside and see the red and green LEDs. You don't want to disconnect power until the GREEN LED stops flashing completely, which, in my case, is about 10 seconds after you depress the switch.

Of course, if you only need something temporary you can always run the wires out of the box instead of mounting the switch, but personally I don't know why I wouldn't do this with every pi.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: New v2.0 images - 20180709
« Last post by nmiller0113 on Today at 10:02:20 AM »
Just out of curiosity as I haven't seen Chris on here much recently.  Dan, are you the only one really doing development now?  I'm only asking as I'm curious, but do we think we'll realistically have a non-beta version of 2.0 ready in a couple months?  Seems like development, while it hasn't stalled, has slowed significantly as of late.  I don't have a lot of time to plan up front outside of sequencing and standard annual additions, so I'm trying to determine the path I'll go down for the future and whether I should be planning to use 1.9 for this upcoming season as this will determine which player I use and what my limitations will be...since 2.0 offered a few more options that 1.9 does not.  Thanks!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP won't startup
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 09:50:03 AM »
Version:
v2.x-master-614-g23c8f20d (master branch)

What is the Kernel Version?   Piggy-backing on what Sawdust said, if you started with an older SD Image and updated to v2.x-master-614 then you do not have the latest Kernel updates.  You need to start with the 20180709 image to get the Kernel updates.
Go to FPP->Help-About and it should look like this:
FPP Version:v2.x-master-614-g23c8f20d
FPP OS Build:v2.0alpha
OS Version:Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Kernel Version:4.14.52-v7+

If  your Kernel Version does not match this then you need to re-image using the 20180709 image.  It fixes issues that other people had with FPPD stopping after manually updating an older image build
« Last post by Sawdust on Today at 07:35:35 AM »
I suspect you did not use the latest image file by Dan.  Image 20180709 seem to eliminate those Stopped FPPD.
I am hearing PiCap issues that may be causing issues.

Did you use the latest IMAGE LOAD?

Here is the Pi load....BBB is different.
http://dankulp.com/bbb/FPP-v2.0-Beta-Pi-20180709.zip

EDIT:  Here is the link to Dan's files Pi & BBB     http://dankulp.com/bbb    use only 20180709 versions
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: GPIO Event Trigger Question
« Last post by Barnabybear on Today at 07:10:36 AM »
Hi, what step did you forget? I need to do the same thing.
If anyone can offer other advice this would be appreciated as time is not my friend at the moment. I have to put up my mega tree this weekend (21/07/18) for an international scout camp. Unfortunately I on holiday during the camp so someone will need to shutdown the PI with a button at the end of each evening or if the power needs to be disconnected.

« Last post by bpos on Today at 12:20:18 AM »
For what its worth.

Its seems that the boot script and settings are a delicate balance of nature. I have found that if a network setting is off and it has any issue with connecting to an IP it will stop FPPD. Sometimes expanding the SD causes a stop? Basically anything that causes a glitch in the boot system will cause a FPPD stop.

I have found the less you can play with settings the better chance of a running FPPD.  Also it seems to help to use a USB drive for your settings. This minimizes the need to re add all the settings once you have it set correctly. You can get up and running with simply re imaging the sd this way.

That being said, If you get it to a point of everything being set correct and no glitches then it more than likely seems to stay running after that.

FPPD stopped = Re Image.

Perhaps there might be a way in the future to have the boot script reload to clean boot if some setting is not agreeable with the boot?  This might keep FPPD from ever stopping on error?

Just some thoughts.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Script repository disappears
« Last post by Scottishsurfer on July 16, 2018, 11:55:04 PM »
This once again baffled me until I found this old thread.  Updating my eth with dns fixed issue.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: falcon f16v3 and Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 250
« Last post by algerdes on July 16, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »
Did you mean RJ45 to XLR cable, or are you using something different?

I've had to make sure that the output from the Falcon was one of the outputs with all three (Data +, data -, and ground) connected to my American DJ and Chaveut stuff. Other DMX stuff weren't quite as picky, so the ground was not needed on them.
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Si4713 FM and RDS plugin - BETA version
« Last post by ShadowLight8 on July 16, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »
Take a look at this thread: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58453
Specifically: "the 4713 itself features a reset pin. To reset the IC pull the line to GND. It's just that easy... In my test I used a wire jumper to connect RST to GND and release it. If you run i2cdetect again, the 4713 will show up." from Hansipete
That was an early issue I ran into. Once I knew to reset the 4713, then getting it to work wasn't too bad.

You might also test with djazz's python code at https://github.com/daniel-j/Adafruit-Si4713-RPi

If those both work, then the plugin should be good.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi3B+ with PiCap is locking up when PiCap is enable
« Last post by jbskelton on July 16, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »
I am finding that on my Pi-3B with a Pi-Cap attached. v2.x-master-614-g23c8f20d (master branch)
If I setup ETHO only and leave WLAN set to DHCP I am able to run sequences from xschedulerset to FPP Master mode and Pi set to remote. I ran a schedule 6 hrs straight before stopping it manually.It ran rock solid for that length of time.
If I setup the WLan it will immediately lose connection to the web page requiring power off and power back on to get it to reconnect to the web page.

Everything works flawlessly using v1.10-27-g259bc38
Also if I try to enable the serial output with a LOR output it will cause FPPD stopped. If I disable the LOR output FPPD starts back up.Also if I try to change the speed of the LOR output it defaults back to 9600 no matter what speed I set it at.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10