Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / New F16v3 Won't Boot
« Last post by coh998 on Today at 03:01:44 PM »
I'm assuming that applying 5v to either V2 or External Power, with jumpers set correctly will result in OLED lighting up.

In either case— and I've tested both—pressing "Test/Boot" does nothing. OLED remains dark. Volt meter shows 5v on pixel outputs.

Is there something I need to do to activate OLED or to properly boot controller other than press "Test/Boot"?
Sell/Trade / 27 Channel DUMB RGB Controller For Sale
« Last post by mmais68569 on Today at 01:25:55 PM »
27 Channel DUMB RGB controller for sale plus 9-4 core plugs. I bought this as a backup & never  used.I am moving to pixels this year & do not need.
$30 plus shipping.
Thanks Mike

BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: PocketScroller...
« Last post by aclarksr on Today at 01:15:12 PM »
https://youtu.be/D13kfi7dzc4

Sequence playing from Falcon Player scheduler in stand alone mode. I think the animations are much cleaner than when in bridge mode. I will be looking to get my hands on one of your F8-Bs when the group buy comes around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CaptainMurdoch; Not sure what reduced the CPU % previously, during dog walk, but cannot repeat.  Maybe LED Panel was not enabled at that time.

Re-image and starter.  All look good.  Not sure I got the right log, but I believe at start-up t was 42%, 9 minutes later @ 23% 20 minutes @ 13% <=Acceptable.

Enable LED Panels CPU goes to 63.x%  All readings thru 4-1/2 hours remain at 63.x%

Unclick LED Panel Enable and reboot - CPU @ 27.x%
re-boot CPU @ 34.8

Enabled LED Panels
ERROR Restarting FPPD (repeatable)
(Note: after clicking restart FPPD, appears to reboot.  HDMI was connected) 
Clear the warning and click restart FPPD and it restarts.

CPU back to 63.x%

Master Remote not working:
MASTER multisync page shows REMOTE, but as Idle
REMOTE multisync page shows MASTER as stopped, but it is running.

Stuck uSD in Pi 2B, started CPU @ 27.4 with LED Panel enabled.

One other comment:  CPU Usage is not the same as on ABOUT.  About always shows in the low teens or less.

Now when I type in 192.168.1.254 where the F16v3 at it brings up Pi FPP suppose at 192.168.0.5?  For now I did unplug the PI so it use wireless per instructions above.  It brings up PI FPP at 192.168.0.5 just fine.   The ping test on eth0 okay.   I also did the route on command prompt.   The test display on FPP does not work.
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 10:28:05 AM »
I have had problems with all WiFi dongles except the EDIMAX.  Those give me 100% operation.  But one other note.  I was having issues with my BBB and the EDIMAX, then someone told me the hdmi port interferes with the WiFi dongle when plugged directly in the BBB....suggesting a short usb extension cable, and mount away from hdmi port.  I tested with a 1m cable and WiFi has not been an issue since.

So for me, BBB are EDIMAX and a 1-foot USB extension cable....and a custom USB cable end holder.

Point of note:  the PocketBeagle does NOT have an HDMI port, so that's not an issue with them. 
I follow the Emuney18 instruction and set the PI eth0 to 192.168.1.254 and F16v3 to 192.168.1.254.  When I open the FPP at 192.168.0.5 and do the test display it does not works.  When I do test ping on eth0 it show no error.  And my PC cannot open the F16v3 because my PC is at 192.168.0.10.  Enable routing is checked.  What do I need to fix it to work?  I need to connect to all using Wired not wireless.
My PI is located corner of garage and furthest to my router and sometimes my wifi drop connection.  Is there no way to configure PI with wired RJ45 to the router and have it control the F16v3 on same router still be able to using my PC to set configuration on both. 
« Last post by aclarksr on Today at 10:02:55 AM »
Is there a usb wireless network adapter that doesn’t require loading drivers for the pocketbeagle? The ones I have are not initializing. They work fine under Windows once the drivers are loaded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had problems with all WiFi dongles except the EDIMAX.  Those give me 100% operation.  But one other note.  I was having issues with my BBB and the EDIMAX, then someone told me the hdmi port interferes with the WiFi dongle when plugged directly in the BBB....suggesting a short usb extension cable, and mount away from hdmi port.  I tested with a 1m cable and WiFi has not been an issue since.

So for me, BBB are EDIMAX and a 1-foot USB extension cable....and a custom USB cable end holder.
That is an excellent bit of information. This is my first foray into FPP and xLights so this kind of info saves me a lot of searching the forums. I plan to let the PocketBeagle run in remote synced to a RPi 3b this year so I can free my PC up for other projects.

« Last post by aclarksr on Today at 09:57:55 AM »
I think of ghosting as pixels inadverently lighting up in same area of where you are turning some on. For me that has typically been pixels in the same scan column and in a greenish tint. Yours is interesting because the pixels that are inadvertently lighting up are nowhere near the ones that are supposed to be lighting up.
My intent is to show how a extremely bad noise/ghosting is cleared up with the Pi Zero, supporting my statement to not buy more/replacement panels before testing them with a Pi 2B and or Pi Zero.  I think your panels are fine, and the controller needs tuning.
The single panel in the now lower right hand corner has a single row of pixels that illuminate ever so lightly along the left hand edge. This moves with this one single panel. I plan to move it to the lower left and let it hide behind the edge of a frame to contain the panels. The other artifacts that occur when connected wirelessly in bridge mode I agree are totally a refresh rate issue. I believe partially due to the age and  quality of the network adapter I was using. When connected over a wired network the mostly disappear.

Thank you for your input.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10