Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Another Noob having LOR problems
« Last post by PeteyHall on July 27, 2017, 09:17:44 PM »
Do you have a LOR DMX terminator installed?  There's a couple of youtube videos out there walking you through the process.

For the second controller, what address did you give it in the hardware setup (or jumpers depending on what you have)?
« Last post by deplanche on July 27, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »
I am not familiar with LOR controllers, but it seems like you might have the 2nd controller to start on channel 2 rather than channel 17.
« Last post by Dennis Laff on July 27, 2017, 07:48:35 PM »
What are the ID numbers of the lor controllers
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Another Noob having LOR problems
« Last post by Ken on July 27, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
Just another noob trying to figure things out.   

I've got two LOR 16 channel AC controllers in DMX mode connected to serial port 2 on my F16v3.  The LOR controllers are daisy-chained together with the input of D0001 connected to serial port 2 of the F16v3 and the output of D001 connected to the input of D002. I believe both are working correctly because everything works as it should when testing with the LOR control panel application and both show as not connected until I power on the F16v3 and then they immediately switch to connected in DMX mode.

On the F16v3 I have two 512 channel universes defined.  Universe 1 starts on channel 1 and universe 2 starts on channel 513.  Serial port 2 is configured in DMX mode with the start address being set to 1.

In xLights I have one multicast E131 network configured to use all 512 channels of universe 1.  On the layout I have one single color string defined using absolute addressing.   I've also created a test sequence that is suppose turn the string on and off for two seconds at a time.

Here's where things get interesting.   If I set the string's start channel to channel 1 it flashes on and off just like it should on LOR controller 1.  If I set the string's start channel to channel 2, both the string on channel 2 of LOR controller 1 and the string on channel 1 of LOR controller 2 flash on and off.  If I set the string's start channel to channel 3, both the string on channel 3 of LOR controller 1 and the string on channel 2 of LOR controller 2 flash on and off.  This pattern repeats for all channels 1-16 on LOR controller 1.  When I get to channel 17 which should technically be channel 1 of LOR controller 2 nothing happens.  I've tried every combination of configurations that I can think of but now I'm completely stumped and looking for help.
Falcon Group Buys / *Quoting* 2017 Micro Hardware Co-Op - uSC, uAmp, Afterburner
« Last post by corey872 on July 27, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
In one of your threads you state voltage is a pass thru with the uAmp for a 5 volt system.  I just want to confirm that 24 volts will work as a "pass thru" with the board as well.  No problem with 24 volts - correct? 

The supplied voltage regulator (for board functions) has a maximum input rating of 24V, so you will be at the limit, but it should work.

I haven't seen a payment e-mail yet.  Have they been sent and I just missed it?  If not, what e-mail address will they come from?

No, you have not missed the email.  I'm still in the process of trying to secure quotes.  The uSC order totals came in well under the expected goal.  Typically, that would result in canceling that portion of the co-op as prices are based on the goals.  Orders exceeding goals can lead to additional volume discounts and lower prices, though the converse is also true when orders don't meet the goal, the quantity price breaks don't come through and the boards cost more to produce.

I will be working to finalize everything - one way or the other - early next week.  At that time the payment emails will go out and that status will be reflected in the order table:

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7189.msg69433.html#msg69433

Thanks for you patience!
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Re: Replacement power jumper?
« Last post by Ebuechner on July 27, 2017, 03:15:18 PM »
Sorry I didn't intend to steal your thunder ;D
« Last post by Gary on July 27, 2017, 03:12:35 PM »
Or find an old computer to take it out of there...

(I typed this up and was about to Post it when I got the warning about another reply on this forum).

However, I've noticed that newer computers don't have nearly as many jumpers on them since I guess they depend on settings more via software than hardware nowadays.
« Last post by Ebuechner on July 27, 2017, 03:08:54 PM »
You could also find an old junk computer and pull a half dozen off the motherboard. Or any computer repair place should be able to hand you one or two.
Half-dozen might be an exaggeration for the newer computers but there's always at least one for the bios clear.
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Replacement power jumper?
« Last post by brianweb on July 27, 2017, 02:25:52 PM »
Getting me 16v2 ready to sell (replaced by v3).  However I realize that I have it set to 5v via a single jumper, and can't find the second jumper.  Where can I find a replacement so I can provide a potential buyer with the two necessary to cover the different power options?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10