Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks for your response. I'll do as you say when I get home around noon.  I did move each pigtail to ensure that it was the port and not the pigtail or lights. It was always port 1 being the problem. How do I swap the chips? Does that require me to de-solder? I can do that if need be, but I don't want to further damage the board as ports 2,3 and 4 still work. I did look inside the socket output and the pins look good...to my eye which really doesn't know what it's looking for. I'm not really getting flickering...for instance. When I test with a white ramp (or anything), output 1 has 4 or 5 lights blinking different colors. Or I can occasionally get the entire prop to come on and have every color under the sun on that prop.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: BBG running too fast...
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 07:41:39 AM »
Can you get length before you start playing?  Maybe a safety measure should be put in place to stop if playback time exceeds the length by 'X' amount.

Don't need to....   Once the audio buffer thread hits the end of the decoded data, it will automatically trigger the end.   Thus, if something happens in the decoder that it cannot completely decode the stream, it should just "end".   That's the easy part.

The hard part is killing the background thread in a "safe" way.   Otherwise every time the playlist loops back to that song, another thread is created, etc..   I think I now have that, but killing a background thread is kind of scary.  I'll likely add a blacklist and if I have to kill a background thread, record the filename and next time it loops, don't play that song just to avoid having to create threads I know I'll have to hard-kill.   
Falcon Player (FPP) / Falcon Player and BBB with RGBcape
« Last post by tkostansek on Today at 07:30:38 AM »
 :-\  has anyone had any luck getting a RGBcape to run on the FPP-BBB?  Im running the latest FPP from Stretch just released on the 20th of Nov. i see the option for RGBcape 48 c and f.
I have tried both and im not getting any test patterns.  Im tring to use WS2811 strips. I have the RGB123 48 cape. the one with the rj45 ports to both SPI and APA. i was getting some flickering from the tests but that's it.

I also tried to get LEDscape setup on a BBB but i wasn't able to even get that setup.

I really need help as Christmas is getting close and I was hoping to use this to run half my show.

Thanks anyone!!
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 07:19:18 AM »
Well, the questionable mp3 causes ffplay to run forever and ffmpeg to go into an infinite loop as well.  Thus, it doesn't look like it's my code.  :)

Can you get length before you start playing?  Maybe a safety measure should be put in place to stop if playback time exceeds the length by 'X' amount.
Thanks guys.  I have been able to locate 12 which should be in the mail today and am also talking with gadgetsmith about his as well to replenish my spare supply and give me 8 identical panels in my frankenstein matrix.  I don't want to take someone's spare pool or something they might need since my immediate need has been satisfied.   If gadgetsmith doesn't really need to get rid of his then Dan I will ping you.  If I can pick them up now or in the next couple weeks instead of waiting for a pre-sale, I'm happy to do so.
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 06:25:04 AM »

Well, the questionable mp3 causes ffplay to run forever and ffmpeg to go into an infinite loop as well.  Thus, it doesn't look like it's my code.  :)

I still want to try and detect it and see if there is any way to recover.   I may need to actually pthread_kill the decoder thread though as it's stuck down in one of the libav calls.   

I have at least 6 sitting here that were used last year but not this year.   I moved to P5 panels this year (same physical size so fits in existing enclosure, but much higher pixel density) so the P10's I used are just sitting here taking up space.   I likely have a four-six unused "spares" in the basement.   I need to keep a couple for BBB/Octo testing, but would certainly be willing to part with the rest just to get them out of here.  :)
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: RGBCape24C on Beaglebone
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 06:14:21 AM »

This should now be working for the latest on the bbb-stretch-v1.x branch.   

While testing, I would start off by only configuring a pixel count on one of the GPIO2 ports, get that working, add the GPIO1 ports, then finish with the GPIO0.   GPIO0 is significantly slower than the other GPIO's and has a much higher chance of having random flickering issues.   

Not sure why the RGB48 settings were not working for you.   We don't send anything out on those signals at all.

I have 10 available, and PM'd you.

Don't have a smoke injector, but i do have an injector for smoking! 😂

Do you have a video camera or still camera that uses uSD cards?  Put it in there and format it.  They'll overwrite just about anything.

I do not have any other devices that use Micro SD other than my 3D printer which will not format.  I have a new card coming today, hopefully that will fix my issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10