Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon PiCap / Re: PiCap USB Audio Adapter
« Last post by SlammedNiss on Today at 02:45:26 AM »
Is an $8 adapter better than a $1 adapter like THIS? They basically all come from China, so is one really better than the other?
Falcon PiCap / Re: Newbie Setup Instructions
« Last post by steveh on April 25, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »
Looks like i jumped the gun.  A test sequence i uploaded to the PI made 50 lights light-up. It was not saved so i can't figure out how i made it. I have been able to send a test chase to all 150 pixels from xlights to the PIHat using the test mode. Now i need to learn Xlights to make a new sequence for my 150 pixels hooked to the 2 ports on the PIHat. not quite as easy as LOR but hopefully i will figure it out this week.
Display Items / Re: Hanging globe
« Last post by algerdes on April 25, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »
EDIT: What yer seeing that is marked PST, that is a 4 wire pixel splice tap, much better then soldering wires together and allows for power injection.

Thanks  for that information.  I was wondering who was making a dumb driver that small.  :)
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Script repository disappears
« Last post by n8huntsman on April 25, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »
nm, figured it out.  Had to delete my gateway settings from eth0.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Script repository disappears
« Last post by n8huntsman on April 25, 2017, 10:06:55 PM »
Sorry for bringing up an old topic but I have the exact same issue.  Rebooting didnt help.  When I go to troubleshooting commands and it tries to ping github, I can see that it is using the wrong adapter.  Where do I tell it to use wlan0 for the internet connection instead of eth0?  Im sure Im missing something basic.
Thanks
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi Won't completely boot up
« Last post by nucmanofbr on April 25, 2017, 10:01:03 PM »
Pi is working again!  re-formatted SD and re-loaded FPP 1.8. Got new USB stick and BINGO!  Up and running again!  Thanks to You Guys for the advice!  I really appreciate Your help👍
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Cannot get my BBB to see my Edimax Wifi
« Last post by rlemery on April 25, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
This post should get you seeing the wifi. I have had the same problem..

I had some more time today and read through as few other threads with similar wifi problems. I found this posted elsewhere and it worked, so I'm up and running on my edimax.

1) sudo wget -O /lib/modules/3.8.13-bone50/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8192cu.ko https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/download/1.5/8192cu.ko
2) sudo depmod -a
3) sudo modprobe 8192cu
4) iwconfig  (should display wifi stats)
5) Go to network settings and set wifi settings, restart network

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Falcon Player (FPP) / Cannot get my BBB to see my Edimax Wifi
« Last post by Babybear on April 25, 2017, 08:26:26 PM »
Ok so I'm going to try P-10 panels. Pick up a BBB and loaded FPP on it. All up graded to 1.9  Plug in the Edimax wifi  and it sees nothing. So what have I not tried.
Me too!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi Won't completely boot up
« Last post by JonB256 on April 25, 2017, 02:23:02 PM »
Time to try a different USB stick. That one is not happy.

You could try a 100% formatting (like the SD card) with SD Formatter to wipe out any weird partioning.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10