Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Holy Xmas lights Batman we have pixels
« Last post by Jojoed on Today at 12:27:51 PM »
Thanks Alain helps a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XLights/Nutcracker / Issue Running Moving Heads with xLights
« Last post by jem5136 on Today at 11:13:54 AM »
I am adding 5 moving heads to one of my displays this year and I'm having some issues with the xLights software. The hardware is set up like this: Desktop > Router > FPP (with PiCap) > DMX output to moving heads. Awhile back I created a "test" show setup with just the moving heads- it has only have 1 universe (#102) and only includes the moving heads in the set up. When I run a test sequence using this layout and setup, everything works perfect. However, when I run the entire display (with the rest of the elements and other universes with the moving heads being set up exactly the same.) I get some weird reactions from the moving heads. It seems xLights will only control the 1st channel from each moving head (which happens to the the "pan"). I cannot control any of the channels (for color, tilt, etc.). I've looked and there are no issues as far as channel mapping is concerned. I've tried to run the Test window, and I get the same thing except I am able to run the 1st channel and 3rd channel (pan and tilt) at the same time but I cannot run 3rd channel on it's own.
Is this a bug or am I missing something? Below are setup images of both layouts.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP 2.0 - Support 16 P10 panels per output?
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 10:39:52 AM »

Does this also mean that its best to use up the outputs in sequential order and not skip?  For example, if I only use 4 outputs its best to use 1-4 and not 5-8?

Yes.

F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Missing the MISC SETTING
« Last post by algerdes on Today at 10:12:19 AM »
This is something you should take directly to David Pitts.  Pixelcontroller.com has contact information for him.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP 2.0 - Support 16 P10 panels per output?
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 09:59:25 AM »
Note: it also depends on how many outputs you are using (and which outputs).   16 panels only on output 1 and the other 7 empty will be faster than 16 panels on all 8 outputs.   The code is somewhat optimized to stop outputting at the highest output number that is used.     HOWEVER, 16 panels on only output 1 will NOT look as good as dividing that up and putting 2 panels each on all 8 outputs.   Shorter chains are almost always better. 

Does this also mean that its best to use up the outputs in sequential order and not skip?  For example, if I only use 4 outputs its best to use 1-4 and not 5-8?
I don't think putting the F-amp right at the controller is really the intended usage.  It works, but is not the best usage.  Its not normally intended for use with the F48 which is a Differential Sender, but can be used with the Differential Receiver.
The F-amp is an IN-LINE amplifier and should typically be used somewhere in the middle of a cable run to extend the distance of the SPI signal (not the Differential RS485 signal).
It can be used to extend distance to first pixel beyond the 20ft that the controller (or receiver) can normally push on the pixel ports.
Or it can be used to extend the distance between pixels which is typically only 5ft or less. (when you want to daisy-chain multiple props together).

For extending distance to first pixel:
Controller or Receiver String Port ->-----up to 20ft cable----->-Pixel String
Controller or Receiver String Port ->-----up to 20ft cable----->-F-Amp->-----up to 50ft cable----->-Pixel String
Controller or Receiver String Port ->-----up to 20ft cable----->-F-Amp->-----up to 50ft cable----->-F-Amp->-----up to 50ft cable----->-Pixel String

For extending distance between pixels:
Controller or Receiver String Port ->-----up to 20ft cable----->-Pixel String->---up to 5ft cable--->-Pixel String
Controller or Receiver String Port ->-----up to 20ft cable----->-Pixel String->---up to 5ft cable--->-F-Amp->-----up to 50ft cable----->-Pixel String
Controller or Receiver String Port ->-----up to 20ft cable----->-Pixel String->---up to 5ft cable--->-F-Amp->-----up to 50ft cable----->-F-Amp->-----up to 50ft cable----->-Pixel String

Note: the distances shown are approximations.  Your actual distance will vary depending on the type and quality of the cable used.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Missing the MISC SETTING
« Last post by trkeenan on Today at 09:40:39 AM »
I provided a screen shot of my two controllers to show what I am talking about. 

One of the controllers has firmware 2 and the one missing the misc is firmware 2.01.

Someone must know
Thanks
Tim
250 ft to your differential receiver board. an f-amp would go between diff board and pixels
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/index.php?id_product=45&controller=product
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: F16V3 Box Build Help Required
« Last post by Kendall Walker on Today at 09:08:06 AM »
You don't have to power off of the board. Example I have one F16-V3 that is running a Mega tree port 1-4 is powered off of a power supply connected to V1, Ports 5-8 only have the data and grounds connected and the power is coming from a power distro-board connected to another power supply. Then ports 9-12 is powered from a power supply connected to V2 and 13-16 are powered from another power supply connected to another power distro-board. So total 4 power supplies each connected to 4 ports.
so what is the effective range using the f48?
if the f-amps are only good for the f16v2/3, what can be done to extend the distance of the f48 if the distance is not that great?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10