Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Setting 1/8 vs 1/16 scan rate
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 06:07:17 PM »

For the 1/32 panels, 2 or 3 per output, assuming you have a hat that can even drive them.  The refresh rate is really bad.

For the 1/16 panels, you should be able to get 7 or 8 per output (of the 32x32 variety, 4ish that for the 64x32 variety) before the flicker becomes noticeable.  They still won't video very well though... the video will show the scanning pretty easily. 
« Last post by k6ccc on Today at 05:33:03 PM »
can you clarify what you said about 6 maybe 9 panels (p5) on a PI.  do you mean per 6 or 9 per output or grand total?

My plan is six P5 panels (3W x 2H).  Just for grins, I am going to try it on a single output to see how bad it looks, but the plan will be using three outputs from a PiHat with two panels per output.

Jim
F48 Pixel Controller / Re: PixelController.com F48 info
« Last post by Todd on Today at 05:18:26 PM »
That is my understanding also on this.

Ordered one on Monday and I have a couple extra receivers to play around with when it arrives.
« Last post by bassnbuck on Today at 05:01:08 PM »
dan

can you clarify what you said about 6 maybe 9 panels (p5) on a PI.  do you mean per 6 or 9 per output or grand total?
« Last post by deplanche on Today at 04:47:29 PM »
On the F48, Ports 1 to 16 would be like the Main Board, Ports 17 to 32 would be like Expansion board 1, and Ports 33 to 48 would be like expansion board 2.  Then the sliders would work just like they do for the F16v3.   The sum of the pixels on each port for the 3 different boards will be 1024.  It can be split any way you want.

So yes, you can run 128 pixels on all 48 ports.
New Hardware Projects / Re: Build questions.
« Last post by Lightsonthelake on Today at 04:11:22 PM »
Awesome thank you sir.
New Hardware Projects / Re: Build questions.
« Last post by Emuney18 on Today at 03:44:08 PM »
You do not need power from the board. Just run data and ground from the board and inject power at the element.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Learning Center / Re: Specifications and questions on F16V3
« Last post by Emuney18 on Today at 03:36:26 PM »
You can also run cat5 from your computer or Pi to a network switch that then is connected to each controller.  You can then connect as many controllers as your switch can handle.  You can also use xlights and xschedule to play your sequences from your computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by zwiller on Today at 02:20:42 PM »
Thanks.  I think I am OK just fuzzy on the 1,024 per port or per port group.  IE I can run 128 pixels on all 48 ports, right?  I will have to set board to make sure the group total is 1,024 even though it is only 384.   

I was not on this beta. 
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: First 2018 BBB image....
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 02:12:25 PM »
I am getting the "USB connection" sound from Windows that had always indicated 192.168.7.2 was established.
But, no connection exists. I tried the Linux address, too (192.168.6.2). Nothing.

But, I am booted and running, just not successful yet getting installed to eMMC. Running from the uSD card for now.

I'll keep banging on it.

Ok, flash to eMMC worked if I used the S2 button. Hadn't always needed that.
It had trouble with my old uSD card for FPP Data Storage. I reformatted to blank and it seems to like it now.

All seems well now except no USB connect to Windows. Windows beeps correctly but  is throwing up a "USB device not recognised" error and "Device Descriptor Request Failed" message in the device manager.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10