Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: 2.x beta PI3B+ install
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 07:30:53 AM »
Works like a champ now.  Thanks.   Did get a class 10 and started fresh.  Now the process is all in one place.

If you want to simplify the process even more, try using DotNet-Disk-Imager instead of SD-Formatter and Win32-Disk-Imager.  It can do the Partition wipe, Zip decompress, and Image write all in one program.  Its what I use  8)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dotnetdiskimager/
Falcon Player (FPP) / Could a PiCap control pixels based on the TLS3001 chip?
« Last post by JonB256 on August 16, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »
Currently, I have two PiCaps running WS2811 (8bit, 3 wire) pixels.

But I have a few TLS3001 globes from Minleon. Got their Pinouts figured out but the only thing I have that can control them are F16v2 and F16v3 controllers (don't own an F4v3).

Since they are 12bit chips, I was wondering if it was even possible to support them on a PiCap. Perhaps the output (GPIO or buffer chips) can only support 8bit.

For the size project I anticipate for the TLS3001 pixels, a board > $100 seems like a waste.

« Last post by rangerdan on August 16, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »
Works like a champ now.  Thanks.   Did get a class 10 and started fresh.  Now the process is all in one place.
F48 Pixel Controller / Re: 4 String Diff - Power Injection Question?
« Last post by Sawdust on August 16, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »
So just to clarify - Say I have a mega tree with 4 x 100 5v pixels. I could run 2 sets of wires off each port. 1 - 3 wire to start (power and data) and 1 two wire (just power) to pixel 51 (or 100). Would not need a distro and would have my injection power.

If you get this built and you did not get it just right, you can look to run your pixels at reduced brightness.  I run my mega tree at 70%
« Last post by Sawdust on August 16, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »
You could, but under full load, you may drop the voltage enough on the board it may not function. I'd recommend an F8 Distro board, has fused ports, 8 in total, would give you plenty of lines without having to worry about voltage drop on the main diff receiver.

Each port of the receiver already has fused ports, just use a proper sized power supply input so the output will not overpower it....then no problem tapping same port for injection. . . . Not sure if 2 or more wires can be firmly installed in terminal.  May want to go 1 short lead to terminal, then splice 2 (or more) leads to that one
« Last post by Sawdust on August 16, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »
Thatís great, I like not needing to reset the option each time - going to v5...thanks pixelpuppy
« Last post by pixelpuppy on August 16, 2018, 05:04:06 PM »
Yeah that picture is from an older version (v4).  The latest is V5 and doesn't have that option anymore. 
Pixelpuppy, does v5 reset the partitions like the Resize option on v4.  I heard it did not....so I'm still using v4.

V5 resets the card to one fullsize partition (the full size of the card).  Basically the setting is always enabled.  So the setting went away.  But it does resize ... every time...no choice  ;)
« Last post by pixelpuppy on August 16, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »
Oh, by the way - less resistance allows current to flow, it is not more current.

The same voltage with less resistance will ALWAYS result in more current flowing.   That is a fact of physical science.  There is no debating it.   ;) 

« Last post by Sawdust on August 16, 2018, 04:31:44 PM »
Yeah that picture is from an older version (v4).  The latest is V5 and doesn't have that option anymore. 

Pixelpuppy, does v5 reset the partitions like the Resize option on v4.  I heard it did not....so I'm still using v4.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Can I use this command to fix a dirty bit?
« Last post by pixelpuppy on August 16, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »
Last year with FPP v1.x I had that command added to the UserCallbackHook script so it ran every time FPP booted up.  Worked great.

This year with FPP v2.x I have not seen the dirty bit problem happen yet so I haven't added it to the script either.  It may still be too early to tell because I'm not running a full show yet.  But I've been doing a lot of testing and playing with V2.x including random power shutdowns and haven't seen corruption problems yet with v2.x
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10