Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F48 Pixel Controller / Re: cat5 cable?
« Last post by Lightsonthelake on Today at 07:29:51 PM »
It's also worth asking a service tech if you see one at a gas station or in the neighborhood for a used box. Might not be full but it's free.
F48 Pixel Controller / Re: cat5 cable?
« Last post by Lightsonthelake on Today at 07:27:41 PM »
If your planning on using it outside get the indoor/outdoor. I get mine from work for free. I've got 2 boxes for my next project. I used half a box wiring my house when it was being built. Used cat5e, works better over long runs. Cat 6 is even better but cost more. I'd also suggest a good quality crimper cheap tester will work fine. Ends are up to you. if you aren't good with little wires or eyes aren't perfect I'd use the ends where you can push the wires out the end and trim after crimping. Don't forget some strain reliefs too, they help from damaging.
Showing Off / 2017 Sommerset Light Show
« Last post by TeaCup on Today at 06:48:16 PM »
I have a small little show going - it works - I only have 1 week to put it all up as I have all my days tied up until Thanksgiving with 2 jobs.

I refuse to build a Mega Tree since everyone has those (and I'm cheap) - I built my star and trees myself from scratch with a protractor (as you can tell) - only took one decent video this year (sorry, busy busy). I've also attached a picture of how I advertise my radio station - I love these little etched glass sign things from eBay I used this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEacNrJzX7o

I also try to use unique songs ;)

Running 3 Pis... 1 master, 2 remotes (for indoors) w/PiCaps (saves LOTS of wires and null pixels), using Vixen and also a PixLite 4 card for everything outside. I'm open to suggestions as to what I should add and where for 2018...

As a side note - I'd love to do more for my Christmas display, but I spend most of my autumn on a Halloween lighting project for Six Flags for their Teacup ride called "Terror Twister 2" - it's all DMX though, running off of free lighting software QLC+. Here's a video of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3Tl1Zy7Fo which is definitely a more complicated project with all the safety requirements and automation needed (especially if the ride needs to be stopped as seen here). I recently learned that xLights can accommodate moving heads so I might switch to that this year!
Anyone know what happens then a event triggers a script to run and that script has a sleep command in it does all other fpp processes wait or do they continue? This is for my PiUPSShield I'm working on.
Showing Off / Re: 2017 Johnson Light Show (Star Wars Theme!)
« Last post by TeaCup on Today at 06:07:52 PM »
M A G N I F I C E N T
Falcon PiCap / Re: Powering PiCap
« Last post by TeaCup on Today at 05:59:06 PM »
I discovered this feature by accident. I had 12v connected to the PiCap for the pixels - and when I turned on the 12v power supply, the Pi booted.

I was like ... "that's cool" and never looked back - the 12v power supply I have connected powers the Pi "automatically" as well as the pixels - I did nothing special to make this happen.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: F16V3 Question
« Last post by rstehle on Today at 04:41:01 PM »
When David first unveiled the F16V2 a few years ago, there was an introductory GB @$175.00 and the regular price was $200.00.  Since then they have always been $200.00.  Still about the most bang for your buck available to us DIYers.
If it is helpful, here are my current configs (rcvp and rcvbp files)

Thanks. Appreciate it.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Feature Request: Schedule Preview
« Last post by Setarcos on Today at 03:01:55 PM »
As I was going through my scheduler today to add a new playlist in between my existing ones just for today only (yes, I still have my lights going... its been a standoff with the neighbor to see who can outlast the other!), I was trying to visualize my schedule timeline to make sure I didn't miss anything. I started to think it would be nice to have a visual representation of the playlists as they are scheduled throughout the day.

I know there are playlist enhancements coming that may make this a moot point but, I use Open Sprinkler for my irrigation system in the summer. They have a "Preview" of the schedule that gives a visual representation of what zones are scheduled to come on throughout the day, this could be a nice feature for FPP. I envision looking at the timeline for a particular day and seeing what playlists play at particular times. I've attached a screenshot. I have no idea what it would take to make this possible, nor if anyone else would find it useful, but thought I'd throw it into the hat of ideas.

Thanks again to everyone who works on FPP! It has been a rock solid system for the few years I've been using it!

I love my OpenSprinkler!

Sell/Trade / Re: FS: Cg1500 boxes and PSU plates
« Last post by kennylights on Today at 02:59:09 PM »
I modified the first post with what is left. I have a few people expressing interest, but no payment yet. First pay first served.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10