Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Display Items / Re: Mega Tree - 12, 16 or 24 Strings on a 180 degree tree?
« Last post by aknflyer on September 19, 2018, 11:44:17 PM »
The 50 pixel strings are about 9' total length. The ring is a 6' diameter square tube metal circle salvaged from half of a cable reel I asked if I could have from a local cable project. The star is 3 ft aluminum that I had lasered out, since coro costs way more to ship to Alaska than I paid to get it made, and I thought the coro was flimsy.  The topper is 1/4" plate steel also lasered out 14 1/2" dia, but I should have went slightly larger since the strings slightly overlap at the top and the hooks make it hard to put the strips on. I was trying to keep it small. The pole is sch 40 pipe set in pvc buried in the dirt, extends down about 3' 6" and I let the strings be the guy wires with 2 added in the back and bungied down to 4 spiral anchors set in the ground. Seemed pretty steady in the highest winds and kept the strings nice and straight.So total height is around 13 ft. Cost for lasering star and topper $200.Keep in mind if you use my method of string wiring then not all strings are interchangeable as some have pwr injection, some not. Others data runs up, some down.
F16v2 Pixel Controller / powering expansion board F16v2
« Last post by djmc2002 on September 19, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
Can I power my expansion board with the same power supply as the main board? I am power injecting and have all power supply neutral tie together with 1 PS supplying V1 side and another powering the v2 side.

Can I tie or wire or what ever you call it the V1/V2 on the expansion board from the main board?

Thanks
Update: 
As a troubleshooting idea, from a user in another forum, I created a hotspot with my Samsung Galaxy phone to avoid the AT&T Uverse WiFi router.  It worked! After changing the network SSID & PSK to that of my Samsung hotspot, through the Falcon Pi Player (FPP) interface software, I went back to my RPi Linux window and typed "ifconfig". It finally showed an IP address for the WiFi (I haven't been able to do that until now). As a back up check, I was able to ping my hotspot WiFi address from the Linux window.

Now I need to change my AT&T Uverse wireless router key/password. I'll need to google how to do that, but, I'm not expecting that to be an issue. I just find it strange that the FPP, or RPi, software doesn't like a "+" symbol in the PSK/password. But, okay, time to move past that and do an end-around to avoid it.  I'll hopefully make one more post to this string with the results after changing my AT&T router PSK.  Hopefully, I can do that.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Tethering a Zero W - how to
« Last post by Cjlocey on September 19, 2018, 07:42:12 PM »
iOS.  Not sure either but I can say I like he feature
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Multisync scans for Remotes returning IPV6 addresses
« Last post by JonB256 on September 19, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
Question:  is the "branch" column really needed since the branch is in the version number?

I would also vote "no" since its redundant. The red "update" notification hyperlinks are very helpful for updating.
« Last post by pixelpuppy on September 19, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »
You rock!  Thank you.
Another question. I am using the default password for now and it does not take/accept for the first three or four times.  After I know I typed it correctly I just keep hitting "join" on my iPhone and it will finally pass.  Any suggestions?

Not sure, what are you using for the client?  IOS, Android, or other?   On my iPad I only entered it the first time and its remembered and reconnected and not prompted me again.
« Last post by Cjlocey on September 19, 2018, 06:04:01 PM »
You rock!  Thank you.
Another question. I am using the default password for now and it does not take/accept for the first three or four times.  After I know I typed it correctly I just keep hitting "join" on my iPhone and it will finally pass.  Any suggestions?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Multisync scans for Remotes returning IPV6 addresses
« Last post by pixelpuppy on September 19, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
Question:  is the "branch" column really needed since the branch is in the version number?

If you're taking a poll, I vote "no" since its redundant.  Otherwise, I love the other additional info
« Last post by pixelpuppy on September 19, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »
The FPP tether address defaults to 192.168.0.1
Falcon Player (FPP) / Tethering a Zero W - how to
« Last post by Cjlocey on September 19, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »
Can anyone give me a hand with using the tether feature?  I have a Zero W hooked up to a 16x16 flexible matrix and I would like to use it mobile so I need to know what address to use in my explorer to open up the web UI once I am tethered to the Zero W?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10