Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: New BBB Image - Debian Stretch (9.1)
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 09:12:13 PM »
I *MAY* have figured out how to get both the wifi and ethernet up, but it will require a new OS image.

If you want to try, you will need to edit two files:

1) in /etc/connman/main.conf   change the PreferredTechnologies to be wifi,ethernet so it tries to bring the wifi up first.

2) In /lib/systemd/system/fppinit.service  move the connman.target from the After line to the Before line and remove it from the Wants line

With some limited testing, that seems to bring up both interfaces.  I'll test a bit more tomorrow and likely make a new image.
Got mine on Saturday hooked one up last night had it running down 40 feet of cable and worked great  :)

What type of cable were you using and how far from the controller did you insert it.  Sorry, also how many pixels were at the other end?
I wasn't wanting to post this here since it's a group buy, but not sure where else it belongs.

I run 50 pixels 55' away from my F16v1 with no issues.  I'm not using a uAmp or Afterburner.  For my cable run I use 23awg solid cat6.  I use 4 conductors for 12v, 2 for ground, and 2 for data.  I initially thought I'd need an Afterburner but was pleasantly surprised I'm having success without.  Interestingly enough, I got major flickering and loss of data when trying to run only 35' of 24awg stranded cat6 with the same 50pixels.
Sell/Trade / Re: wtb f16 v1 pcb
« Last post by FireMedic4Christ on Today at 08:35:11 PM »
I have a version 1 beta if interested. On a 48 hour shift and can confirm the version if you like.
Thank you for all the hard work, Corey!
Falcon PiCap / Re: Problems with PiCap
« Last post by jem5136 on Today at 07:01:27 PM »
After some trial and error, I was able to get the pixels powered without flickering or voltage drop. I have a picture attached of how I did it (not the prettiest picture, but it get works).

For the rest of my poles (I have 12 in total), I'll inject power every 96 nodes rather than every 100 like I did here, just to simplify set up and shorten the length of the cords from the power supply to the lights themselves. 
Hi friends!

Anybody know why this is happening?
I setup a sequence to loop. Then I setup an "end" sequence to play "play once at end" but when it switches over, the whole display blinks for a quick second before continuing. This doesn't happen in the "play once at start" part...thoughts?
Falcon PiCap / Re: Problems with PiCap
« Last post by Rklarman on Today at 06:29:27 PM »
This page helped me to understand how to wire the pixels for power injection.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Power_Injection#Single_Power_Supply_Power_Injection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP/RS485 Dongle
« Last post by PeteyHall on Today at 03:22:39 PM »
Actually that's why I always use Paypal Pay after delivery.  I contacted Paypal, explained the situation, and they cancelled the entire transaction.

I'm just going to throw them out because they're obviously unstable/not working as described.
ok I did miss something then :)

I will do what you have suggested and see where that gets me

BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: New BBB Image - Debian Stretch (9.1)
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 02:45:51 PM »

no I didnt miss anything thing after all. I have now connected via ssh and working through why the wifi isn't working now

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Do I need to install extra drivers or does the image contain them already?

Are you SSHing in via ethernet?   If so, that's the issue.   connmanctl in the jessie/stretch images will NOT bring up wifi if there is an ethernet connection.  Disconnect the ethernet and reboot it and see if it comes up.  If you need to see what's happening, connect it to your computer via a USB cable and ssh in via the 192.168.6.2 or 192.168.7.2 addresses.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10