Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Re: F16 V2
« Last post by rstehle on Today at 10:07:55 PM »
Contact David Pitts, the developer of the board.  You can get his info thru the 'Store' menu (above).
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / F16 V2
« Last post by PershingLightShow on Today at 09:57:41 PM »
I blew a fuse on my F16V2 when I replace the fuse it still doesn't work does anyone know who may do repairs?
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Setting for a receiver
« Last post by darylc on Today at 08:28:26 PM »
> My questions :Can I connect an other receiver to the F16v3 to one of the serial  outputs and what would be the output number of this > receiver (13,14,15,16) and do they support 724 pixels each as the main board

Yes you can, and Yes it will.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP and FM transmitter - How to??
« Last post by Cjlocey on Today at 08:25:25 PM »

Falcon Player (FPP) / Sequence running very slow
« Last post by JMHaro on Today at 08:10:00 PM »
I'm trying to work out an Issue that I have a different post about (http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7459.0.html).

I created a sequence that should test my LOR unit by testing each channel on it by holding each one on for 10 seconds cycling between all the channels.  It's an animation sequence and the length of it is just long enough to display the 16 channels (10 seconds for each channel).  This is my first animation sequence since I didn't care about any audio for the test sequence.

But when I run it on the FPP, it can take about 1 1/2minutes just for the elapsed timer to get to the first 10 seconds of the sequence.  Why is it running so slow??

So am I doing something wrong here or what's going on?

I tried to upload a video showing the length of time for the first 10 seconds, but my video is too big.  Let me know if there is anything I can upload that would help anyone in telling me whats wrong.

General Hardware / Re: stranded or solid data wire issue
« Last post by danj on Today at 07:39:47 PM »
I am no longer using E682s, but I have gotten good distance with the ones I used; about 30' longest lead no null pixels, using cat5 cable in the "standard" config I have read about here or at DIYC---all solid twisted together for ground/-, striped blue/grn/brn twisted together for +, and striped org for data
« Last post by Setarcos on Today at 07:20:06 PM »
Can you post a picture of both sides of your FM transmitter board?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Last post by Cjlocey on Today at 06:51:00 PM »
Thanks for the thread.  The issue is there is not any "ant" spot to solder a wire too.  The only thing that kind of makes sense is "E1"
General Hardware / Re: stranded or solid data wire issue
« Last post by Ryanssking on Today at 06:47:33 PM »
My first thought is to make sure all things related to the wire are being eliminated.

Did you try a different stranded wire piece?  Different connectors?  Etc?

As I recall the WS28xx chipsets use PWM at 1Mhz.  In theory the low amperage should allow nearly any wire.  However the way PWM works is by mixing timing with the signal.  So the clock is embedded into the 1, 0, and null code.  Meaning signal corruption is a major issue.  Stranded wire could be causing cross talk.

A good way to test would be to run a totally different power cable and use your stranded that wasn't working as a data only, just the one strand out of 3.  If it works with the power traveling in another cable farther away it's an issue of cross talk.  Stranded wire introduces more of it than solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for verifying my order for me.  My eyesight must be getting bad in my old age.

In one of your threads you state voltage is a pass thru with the uAmp for a 5 volt system.  I just want to confirm that 24 volts will work as a "pass thru" with the board as well.

No problem with 24 volts - correct?

Thanks

Doug
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10