Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
There is another thread:
http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7231.0.html
That's a different board. The old diff board is 2 5/8" x 4.5". I think the new ones are about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Re: Programming 3 pics on one board
« Last post by AAH on Today at 02:42:03 AM »
  I don't know that there's an easy way to program 3 off the 1 interface. If they were socketed you could swap them out. Having them directly in parallel won't work as the control signals to/from the pic have to only go to 1 pic at a time.
  There's typically a 0.1uF/100nF capacitor immediately adjacent to all IC's as they supply surge current to the IC as they are switching and stop the voltage dipping. Even with fat pcb traces the high speed switching means that there is voltage drops which can sometime be volts for very short periods (nanoseconds or microseconds).
Just wondering if any one has the size of the new boards? I'm just trying to plan out my master control box ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure you can do that. I would put a header for each chip. Or try and decipher this thread.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/m408684.aspx

I am trying to learn how these boards we use work. The Ren24DC uses three pics, yet only one header. I am finally starting to grasp how the signal goes from the jack, to the RS485 pic then to the control pics. Still learning what capacitors are for and why they are always with a IC chip. Would be nice to better understand how they work. Easier to design if ya know how they work as well.
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Re: Programming 3 pics on one board
« Last post by David Pitts on April 22, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »
Not sure you can do that. I would put a header for each chip. Or try and decipher this thread.
http://www.microchip.com/forums/m408684.aspx
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Programming 3 pics on one board
« Last post by bowhunter3125 on April 22, 2017, 07:22:20 PM »
Trying to understand, if i have 3 pics on one board, and i program them through the ICSP header, do i make connections to each pic from the first like in my drawing from the ICSP header? I understand that from the RS485, i would connect data in to data out from pic 1 to 2 then to 3.

Falcon PiCap / Re: PiCap Pixel Brightness
« Last post by Ray on April 22, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »
I am kind of new to this pixel thing. But correct me if I make this statement wrong. Is not both color and brightness a factor of a number between 0 and 255. With totally off is the value of 0. And full on is 255? So say I want a very bright white 255, 255, 255 or a dim white would be 50, 50, 50. Not sure how you would dim something like 250, 128, 30. Does any of this sound about right? This would also work for any two colors that use equal brightness.

Sell/Trade / Re: LOR controllers
« Last post by PeteyHall on April 22, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »
Is the pc a g2 or G3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Falcon PiCap / PiCap USB Audio Adapter
« Last post by SlammedNiss on April 22, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »
I'm expecting the rest of my pre-sale items to show up this next month, and want to be ready when I finally have everything together for the first time. Is there any particular/recommended USB audio adapter everyone is using, or does it really not matter much? i.e., a $5 adapter is just as good as a $20 adapter.

TIA
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10