Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I am lost also.

What are you using to send the e131 to the Falcon Controller?
Curious if you were able to successfully do this.

I have some 24v LED strings and I am trying to see the easiest/best way to control them using the pixelcontroller products.
I have the F16V3 along with an expansion board, a differential expansion board and differential receivers.
I'd prefer to not have to remove the resistor off the F16v3 to allow >13v, but the specs for the expansion boards seem to indicate nothing over 12v.

Brian

Brian - I was going to try 24V on a remote differential receiver, but I ended up using a PiCap instead.  I'm running the PiCap directly off the 24V supply and the on-board regulator will drive the PI with 5V.  Works great.
Learning Center / Re: Power Injection question
« Last post by jhoybs on Today at 04:28:57 AM »
Where are you measuring that voltage?  The voltage drops along the wire, the power supply output will always be higher than the farthest point from the supply.  If you can crank the brightness down and it fixes your flickering, you definitely have a power issue.  If you can live with the reduced brightness, then you are OK, but if not, you need to beef up your feed wires or power inject more often.

CAT5/6 is great for sending data long distances, but it is a poor power conductor.  You will get less voltage drop from a single 18 gauge wire than using 3 pairs within a CAT5/6.  http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Vixen to fseq - problem
« Last post by ThinkAgainAgain on Today at 02:22:32 AM »
Thank you to both you and Jon for helping me resolve this ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 02:20:50 AM »
Just disable the RPI-WS281X channel output and reboot and it should let you select the onboard audio device.  You don't have to physically remove the PiCap if you don't want to for some reason.
« Last post by ThinkAgainAgain on Today at 02:10:26 AM »
I was going to use this as a slave fpp, but I ran into networking issues - and decided to go ďthe easyĒ route and grab the other fpp (with a picap)... not do easy after all

Falcon Player (FPP) / Vixen to fseq - problem
« Last post by ThinkAgainAgain on Today at 02:07:31 AM »
« Last post by ThinkAgainAgain on Today at 02:06:45 AM »
Ya know... there is a picap attached - not in use tho ... ok, so this probably the problem

« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on Today at 02:04:58 AM »
Iím just using line out- no option to select audio device - goes into a vast fm transmitter

Are you saying that it says "BCM2835" in the Audio Output Device field?  If it doesn't, are you using a PiCap or did you add a RPI_WS281X channel output which would have disabled the onboard audio.
« Last post by ThinkAgainAgain on Today at 02:02:03 AM »
Iím just using line out- no option to select audio device - goes into a vast fm transmitter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10