Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Did you mean RJ45 to XLR cable, or are you using something different?

I've had to make sure that the output from the Falcon was one of the outputs with all three (Data +, data -, and ground) connected to my American DJ and Chaveut stuff. Other DMX stuff weren't quite as picky, so the ground was not needed on them.
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: Si4713 FM and RDS plugin - BETA version
« Last post by ShadowLight8 on Today at 08:16:09 PM »
Take a look at this thread: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58453
Specifically: "the 4713 itself features a reset pin. To reset the IC pull the line to GND. It's just that easy... In my test I used a wire jumper to connect RST to GND and release it. If you run i2cdetect again, the 4713 will show up." from Hansipete
That was an early issue I ran into. Once I knew to reset the 4713, then getting it to work wasn't too bad.

You might also test with djazz's python code at https://github.com/daniel-j/Adafruit-Si4713-RPi

If those both work, then the plugin should be good.
I am finding that on my Pi-3B with a Pi-Cap attached. v2.x-master-614-g23c8f20d (master branch)
If I setup ETHO only and leave WLAN set to DHCP I am able to run sequences from xschedulerset to FPP Master mode and Pi set to remote. I ran a schedule 6 hrs straight before stopping it manually.It ran rock solid for that length of time.
If I setup the WLan it will immediately lose connection to the web page requiring power off and power back on to get it to reconnect to the web page.

Everything works flawlessly using v1.10-27-g259bc38
Also if I try to enable the serial output with a LOR output it will cause FPPD stopped. If I disable the LOR output FPPD starts back up.Also if I try to change the speed of the LOR output it defaults back to 9600 no matter what speed I set it at.

As noted earlier, I also changed to a different PiCap from the Falcon.

Still froze eventually. :)

So, now I've switched it from SD card for storage to an 8GB USB drive. Generally don't have to wait more than 24 hours.

(My Fingbox monitoring says it dropped off 2 hours ago, 3 minutes into a Playlist started by the Master)

Update - that didn't take long. It went offline in less than 2 hours (roughly at 18:17 July 16)

« Last post by Cjlocey on Today at 01:46:35 PM »
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am not getting anything on the station on a radio that is 10 feet away.  Static
I verified that I have voltage (5.24VDC) on the vin in reference to the ground pin.  I have no idea how to test the reset, SCL or SCA

« Last post by ShadowLight8 on Today at 08:55:32 AM »
Yup, should work fine. The audio is can be from anything. I found that the USB audio adapter provided better sound quality.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi 3 B+ not loading from SD card
« Last post by pixelpuppy on Today at 07:30:36 AM »
For some reason the 4GB card I have does not have enough space, when copying the .iso over windows tells me it needs 24 MB. There was nothing on the card, and I used the SDFormatter to clear it off.

Sadly, all "4GB" are not the same.  I had the same problem with an off-brand 4GB card.  It was slightly less capacity than other 4GB cards and could not hold the FPP SD Image.  It was a slow Class4 so I didn't really want to use it for FPP anyway.  It got relegated to "Digital Photo Frame duty"  ;D   
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi3B+ with PiCap is locking up when PiCap is enable
« Last post by Antbarney on July 15, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »
I have just started to dip my toe into this world of RGB lighting and have a PiCap and have noticed the same issue. FPP Will just randomly hang and need to be power cycled. Attaching my logs as well.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Pi 3 B+ not loading from SD card
« Last post by Paulanator on July 15, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »
For some reason the 4GB card I have does not have enough space, when copying the .iso over windows tells me it needs 24 MB. There was nothing on the card, and I used the SDFormatter to clear it off.

Here is a really odd one, I copied the files (ver 1.5 I think it was) the old way to the 4GB SD card. Tried to boot, and blank screen. I plunked on the #1 and #2 keys numerous times and was able to get it to boot to the FPP and install and do all updates. I just logged in via web server and all seems to be working installed the old way. Weird.

I just bought this Raspberry Pi Version 3B last week off Amazon.
As soon as I get a larger SD card I will try the image method. Thanks for your work on this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10