Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / F16V3 Standalone testing.
« Last post by David Pitts on August 18, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »
If you have an audio board and F16V3 give me a call. Number is on http://pixelcontroller.com at bottom of the page.

David
F48 Pixel Controller / Firmware Update v2.04
« Last post by David Pitts on August 18, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
F48 Firmware Update.
https://pixelcontroller.com/firmware/F48_v2.04.fal

We have had a few users have timing issues with 2.01 and 2.02 on a few ws2811 strings. If you are having issues with ports 17 to 48 please install this update.

Instructions. Put file on a micro sd card and place in controller and power up. When update is finished remove card and reapply power.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Can I use this command to fix a dirty bit?
« Last post by tbone321 on August 18, 2018, 04:11:14 PM »
In most cases it will mount the file system in read only mode to protect it from further corruption and data loss.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Can I use this command to fix a dirty bit?
« Last post by brichi on August 18, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »
out of curiosity, how does one know if they have a dirty bit?
Thank you!  I appreciate the info!!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Multicast Works, But no Unicast? Advatek Board, FPP
« Last post by tbone321 on August 17, 2018, 08:27:53 PM »
What are the IP addresses of the PI, the PC running xLights and the Advatek board? 

1) yes it is recommend. You should also consider injecting at the bottom because it's less wire. You might also be able to not inject if you decrease the brightness.
2) you don't need to connect the AC grounds just the V- at the D.C. Side.  These might even be already connected through the ribbon cable, someone else will have to confirm that.  But it never hurts to add a short jumper wire between the V- on the supplies.
3) if I'm understanding the question then you don't need to connect the supplies together on the D.C. side.  This is because they are independent and you are not using a PS for injection.  Once again you don't need to connect the AC grounds together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Falcon Player (FPP) / Multicast Works, But no Unicast? Advatek Board, FPP
« Last post by TastyHamSandwich on August 17, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
So, does anyone have an idea as to why I am having an issue with getting my FPP (v2.x-master-656-g0bb7e5c7) to successfully Unicast to my Advatek board?
Multicast from the FPP works fine, and Unicasting from xLights works just fine as well, but Unicast from FPP is a no go.

Not sure what other details to include, since xLights will Unicast, and FPP will Multicast, it clearly seems to be an issue with the FPP, specifically. Anyone have any ideas?Thanks in advance :)
I have an ammo crate build that houses 3 power supples, 1 F16V3 controller, 1 F16V3 expansion board and 3 F8 distro boards.  The Controller is connected to 1 12v power supply, the expansion board is connected to the 2nd 12v power supply and the 3rd 12v power supply is connected to the 3 distro boards.  The first 24 channels are for the mega tree which has 48 strings of 100 pixels-string 1 starts bottom left then goes up and output to string 2 back down.  Port one on controller connects to string one input side, string 2 connects to end of 1 at top and 2 pin connector back to power distro at box.  Total of 24 ports out and 24 power injection points.
     I have a few questions:

1) From what I've seen in videos it appears that I need to cut the v+ at the end of all the output strings before they attach to the input strings? (for example end of string one to beginning of string 2, Since I'm power injecting from a different power supply for all the even numbered strings

2) Do I need to connect all the grounds together at the power supplies?  If so, will that be on the input supply of the power supplies?  Do I connect the neutral or the ground? (There's L for load, n for neutral and the actual ground that the green wire connects to)

3) I have a second,  CCR tree, that also has the main controller, expansion board and a differential board,  each connected to a separate power supply and running other props as well.  Do I connect the power supplies together with the neutral or ground? 

Thanks in advance!!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: 2.x beta PI3B+ install
« Last post by pixelpuppy on August 17, 2018, 07:30:53 AM »
Works like a champ now.  Thanks.   Did get a class 10 and started fresh.  Now the process is all in one place.

If you want to simplify the process even more, try using DotNet-Disk-Imager instead of SD-Formatter and Win32-Disk-Imager.  It can do the Partition wipe, Zip decompress, and Image write all in one program.  Its what I use  8)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dotnetdiskimager/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10