Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Group Buys / Re: [CLOSED][GROUP BUY] F8-PB and PocketScroller
« Last post by dkulp on Today at 05:22:24 AM »
I have available PocketBeagle and lots of experience soldering, so that's no problem.
How much for the headers?

I get the headers in bulk from either ebay or aliexpress (depends on who's the cheapest and has them available at the time I need them) which is WAY WAY cheaper than Digikey/mouser.   I think mouser charges $1.04 each header.    The last batch I got was about $0.30 per header, but it does fluctuate a bit.    That said, I DO have the F8-B which is exactly the same functionality wise, but sits on a regular BeagleBone Black (regular or wireless) or BeagleBone Green (not wireless) if you want to avoid soldering.  The full beaglebones are larger and a bit more expensive, but also have things like networking built in so you don't need to buy that.

Thus, if anyone is interested in this option:

$44 for the F8-PB
$18 for the PocketScroller
$0.60 for the two required headers
$25 for the PocketBeagle (at cost)
$44 for F8-B (for regular BeagleBones)

If you need two or more PocketBeagles, I would recommend ordering from Arrow.com right now (exact same cost) and getting a Pi3B+ for free.   See their promotion on the front page.   It's really a "why not?" kind of thing.   I ordered 3 batches of PocketBeagles and got 3 Pi3B+'s that I'm not sure what I'll do with, but I've added them to my collection of things that I might play with some day.  :)

Shipping would be somewhat the same:  $7  for the small flat rate for 3 or less (2 or less for the F8-B).   $13 for a BUNCH of them (Medium box).   I did investigate non-flat rate shipping a bit (so I could send stuff out of the US) and I do have a box that can hold 5ish for $10.

Just PM me ahead of time so I can check on quantity and set them aside for you

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: PI Channel Setup
« Last post by AAH on June 20, 2018, 11:59:05 PM »
What sawdust said isn't correct. You can have the same IP for all the universes. If 1 pixel board or FPP is doing all these universes then it's fine.
The FPP start channels is where the problem is. You currently have them all at 1. They should be 1, 58, 142, 256 etc (start channel of previous line plus the number of assigned channels).
Falcon Group Buys / Re: [CLOSED][GROUP BUY] F8-PB and PocketScroller
« Last post by mac50 on June 20, 2018, 09:26:34 PM »
I have available PocketBeagle and lots of experience soldering, so that's no problem.
How much for the headers?
Should be able to make it.

I am leaving for a two week wildland deployment on the 20th and unable to attend.
Stay safe out there.
Hope the fires don't get too bad this year...
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: PI Channel Setup
« Last post by Sawdust on June 20, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »
start channels are off.  Example U2 is 58  (assuming)
You do not restart at each universe.

Falcon Player (FPP) / PI Channel Setup
« Last post by trkeenan on June 20, 2018, 06:27:01 PM »
Anyone,

I am trying to set up my channel in the Falcon PI Player.  I must be doing something wrong as my channel test does not work.

Below is my Falcon PI output screen and an excel shot of how I am trying to do the configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

XLights/Nutcracker / Re: Xlights running on Raspberry Pi
« Last post by dkulp on June 20, 2018, 02:18:20 PM »
Hmm. Could not figure out which file you were suggesting.

xLights-2018.9-arm.tar.gz 
New Hardware Projects / Re: 4 pin pigtales used for 3 pin??
« Last post by Sawdust on June 20, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »
Would be no problem, just cut the 4th lead stripped portion and do not wire them.  You will need to pick a color and be uniform throughout...now and in the future.    Just to be clear - 4 pin do not connect to 3 pin.
« Last post by skulltronix on June 20, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
Hmm. Could not figure out which file you were suggesting.
« Last post by skulltronix on June 20, 2018, 01:48:40 PM »
Thanks. I'll give it a look.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10