Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: No sound from FPP
« Last post by jnealand on Today at 04:47:10 PM »
Solved-  I used an itunes audio file that messed it all up.  I converted into an mp3 file in audacity and all works perfectly!

Now go back to the 1st post in the thread and edit the subject to add the word solved at the beginning of the title.
General Hardware / Re: 5V Wall Wart Suggestions
« Last post by Zman on Today at 04:01:25 PM »
I have a few of those, I was looking for a wall wort type, but that could work.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Issues setting up FPP the first time
« Last post by SlammedNiss on Today at 03:44:21 PM »
Looks to me like you booted the Pi without a CAT5 connection to a valid internet connection.
There are a lot of files it tried to find but did not.

Plus, out of the 50+ Pi installs I've done over the last 3 years, I've only bothered connecting a monitor twice to see what was happening.

So, to login, the userID is FPP and the password is falcon

but that really isn't how this is controlled. You control FPP from a web browser (Chrome seems to work best) using the IP address assigned by your networks DHCP/router.

Well, this was my first install which is why I have the monitor connected. Wanted to see the process.

As far as the CAT5 connection, you are correct. I'll try again with one connected.

Is it safe to just unplug the Pi or will it harm the SD card?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Issues setting up FPP the first time
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 03:35:30 PM »
Looks to me like you booted the Pi without a CAT5 connection to a valid internet connection.
There are a lot of files it tried to find but did not.

Plus, out of the 50+ Pi installs I've done over the last 3 years, I've only bothered connecting a monitor twice to see what was happening.

So, to login, the userID is FPP and the password is falcon

but that really isn't how this is controlled. You control FPP from a web browser (Chrome seems to work best) using the IP address assigned by your networks DHCP/router.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Issues setting up FPP the first time
« Last post by SlammedNiss on Today at 03:22:30 PM »
Got v1.8 installed onto my SD, booted up the Pi, and it did the install onto my USB drive. However, now it's sitting at a linux prompt and says "FPP login:". I obviously missed something, just not sure what it is. I browsed the install page, but it just says that the Pi will reboot into FPP after the install to the USB drive.

I'll link to a pic of the screen. I apologize for the crap quality as I'm currently hooked up to my 65" tv. I'll leave it all full-res though so you should be able to see what it says.

https://i.imgur.com/xqxv69S.jpg
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: New BBB Image - Debian Stretch (9.1)
« Last post by JonB256 on Today at 03:17:56 PM »
Anyone having trouble with the display testing feature?  When I go in, I can start the display test by checking the "enable test mode" but when I uncheck it the lights continue in test mode....shutting down the Pi only stops on the last packet and the lights remain on until they are physically removed from power.

Duane, what are you testing? My BBB running P10s turns off immediately (its in Remote mode). Version: v1.9-bbb-82-g48a86ec (bbb-stretch-v1.x branch) 
Designer Troubleshooting and Help / Re: Mega tree strings flickering
« Last post by Mitch09 on Today at 03:17:43 PM »
Just a shot in the dark here...
Are you running a complete sequence from fpp? I know if I run an effect from within xlights there is a flicker each time the effect loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by David Pitts on Today at 03:14:32 PM »
What are you using to test the controller besides the controller's test mode? Make sure you are not sending data from two sources. I.E. Xlights and the FPP at same tiem.
« Last post by Brad Ford on Today at 02:50:52 PM »
Also what's throwing me off is when I test with the button on the controller it works perfectly.  No flickers whatsoever
« Last post by Brad Ford on Today at 02:41:51 PM »
Ok I'll have to take a pic when I'm off work. But yes, there is an external power scheme as well
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10