Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
BeagleBone Black Controllers / BBB file system storage and OS install location
« Last post by CaptainMurdoch on January 20, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »

Long story short, FPP should be very efficient on disk activity on the OS drive, and can easily run on a 256MB or lower system.  This is one of the reasons we don't worry about using a small ramdisk for OS logs to reduce OS drive writes.

Except on my BBB images, I got rid of the ram disk cause when something goes wrong, having logs is actually useful.  😊

I saw that when looking at the diffs.  :)

I have thought about making this optional.  A lot of users don't have any issues and logging to the SD isn't needed.
F48 Pixel Controller / Re: cat5 cable?
« Last post by Emuney18 on January 20, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »
« Last post by Todd on January 20, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
I use gray stranded. Bought a 1000' box, a big bag of RJ45 connectors, the crimp tool, a cheap line tester and make what I need.
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Cold weather and Falcon F16v3
« Last post by Todd on January 20, 2018, 08:23:07 PM »
SethOF

I didn't vent mine and had no issues. The temp of the boards never got high enough to worry about. Not even in the warmer than normal beginning of Dec like we had.
« Last post by jnealand on January 20, 2018, 06:29:30 PM »
Pick your color.  I used the green stranded,  Bought several years ago and still have some left in the box.
F48 Pixel Controller / cat5 cable?
« Last post by Dodgerblu on January 20, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »
anybody order bulk 1000ft cat5 from Monoprice, there is so many which one is the preferred for the differential receiver boards.
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: BBB file system storage and OS install location
« Last post by dkulp on January 20, 2018, 05:27:05 PM »
Dan, I love your responses.  I feel like I learn so much.  I copied the FPP onto the eMMC.  Is there anything else that needs to be done to the SD card afterwards? 

I now have my BBB powered from the Octoscrolla v1.5 and connected to my wifi.  I assume I should put an inline fuse on the power.  What amp fuse would be suggested, 2.5-3A?

I PERSONALLY suggest reformatting the SD card to either ext4 or btrfs just to avoid the FAT issues. 

I don't have my BBB's fused other than what's on the F8-B/F32-B, but if you want to, a 2A fuse should likely be used.  The BBB will use at most 1.2A and the wifi likely another 0.1-0.2.  The buffer chip on the octo barely uses any.   
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: BBB file system storage and OS install location
« Last post by dkulp on January 20, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »

Long story short, FPP should be very efficient on disk activity on the OS drive, and can easily run on a 256MB or lower system.  This is one of the reasons we don't worry about using a small ramdisk for OS logs to reduce OS drive writes.

Except on my BBB images, I got rid of the ram disk cause when something goes wrong, having logs is actually useful.  :)

F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Enclosure Ideas for F16V3
« Last post by drm1963 on January 20, 2018, 02:58:38 PM »
MTM  Ammo Crate Utility Box

From AMAZON
Different sizes
Water-resistant O-ring seal for dry storage

Avg price around than $20.00

Followed other builds found on the net

Latches are mounted on sides for easy carrying; Made in USA

F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: PL9823 Protocol Support?
« Last post by CarterM on January 20, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »
You're right - crappy power supply!  Thanks for the tip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10