Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Missing the MISC SETTING
« Last post by trkeenan on Today at 06:17:48 AM »
All,

I am missing the MISC SETTING in the set up screen on my F16V3.  I am trying to set up the fan.

Why is it missing?  How do I get it?

thanks
Tim
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Stream audio online
« Last post by k6ccc on June 18, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »
Even connected via WiFi you are going to be dependent on whatever streaming software client each person is running - which will vary.  Some may have short buffer times, and most will have longer buffer times.  Even if you find some software that is always a really short buffer time, and always the same buffer time, and works EXACTLY the same on every possible client, you would therefore require everyone use that software, and to connect to your WiFi. In my opinion, expecting people to download and install a specific streaming software, and connect to an unknown WiFi just to be able to watch your show, is not going to go over well.  People will just leave.
You say you don't think FM will work because of the low power.  Well, I can tell you most lights shows run an FM station and it just works.  Now, I will point out that you don't say where you are, and the rules may be more restrictive than here in the U.S.A. (yes, some countries are FAR more restrictive).  But for those in the U.S.A. and staying in compliance with FCC Part 15 (or at least reasonably close to it) works just fine unless you are needing to cover blocks away.  I know that some people really want to be heard for long distances, but why?  If someone can't see the show, there is little reason for the audio to be heard.  There are a very few exceptions (large neighborhood displays for example).
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Stream audio online
« Last post by algerdes on June 18, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »
Please let us know how your wifi experiment goes. 
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: WiFi adapter
« Last post by ebrown19721972 on June 18, 2018, 06:01:04 PM »
I have about 3 wifi adapters laying around. I will give them a shot and if they do not work I will order one. I will use an extension cable too and already have one of those. Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Beta SD image for FPP running on Raspbian Stretch
« Last post by Sawdust on June 18, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
No, not the one . . I read that one.  In his tests he seems to start off right and builds the lag.  The One I recall talked about not syncing with the music anymore.  Maybe it was another site.  Anyways this appears to be an issue that needs to be fixed.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Beta SD image for FPP running on Raspbian Stretch
« Last post by Sawdust on June 18, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »
I thought I read a post where someone was experiencing a ESPixelStick delay in V2.0....I can't find the post but I found the delay.

1.x or Vixen 3 play with lights synced to beat, but v2.0 does not.
Used same router for all tests, and more tests with 2 different routers and 4 AP's  Also ran on sever different Pi's (Zero W, 2 & 3 - not 3B+ yet)

v1.x and Vixen 3 ran perfect on all devices.
v2.0 had a few milliseconds delay - very noticeable; on all devices.  And delayed throughout the whole sequence.

Running Version: v2.x-master-609-g613aad6a on all Pi's
I would surely love to know more about this myself, as well. I've also noticed that even if I use the StartPlaylist script tied to a physical button event, that I can't retrigger the show without hitting "Stop Now" in FPP - even if the 30s animation has finished playing, FPP is still "Playing" and thus I can't retrigger it.
Hope I didn't get brichi falso hope for a fast answer... just a tick along for the ride :P
Sell/Trade / Re: FS: 4-String Diff Rec Board and Diff Expansion Board
« Last post by Todd on June 18, 2018, 11:43:10 AM »
PM sent for the 10 receiver boards.
Sell/Trade / FS: 4-String Diff Rec Board and Diff Expansion Board
« Last post by sorieus on June 18, 2018, 11:26:00 AM »
I have 10 4 String Differential Receiver Boards and 3 of the boards that accompany them.

They were never used as I went a different direction with my build. They have been removed from the package and tested other than that brand new.

I was hoping to sell the diff boards for 12$ each and the boards for 30$ plus shipping. If anyone needs PM me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10