Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
LOR Controllers / Re: Using 3 Pin LOR Pixels Strands
« Last post by Camphouse on August 14, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for your ideas, suggestions and patience - Dennis took your suggestion and went back and reviewed everything - tracked how it ran into the CCP II and found what I was doing wrong. The connection for the pigtail connecting to the Falcon ended up being the issue - red ended up having to connect to ground and blue to V+ and yellow remained as the data connection. Tried it with all the LOR pixels - bullet and C9 and it worked. Even tried on one of my differential expansion boxes connected to the expansion board on the Falcon and all good.

Your ideas and suggestions saved me from having to purchase more pixels and now I can sell my CCP II controllers and not spend it on more lights....yeah right!  8)

Thanks again everyone!
Chester
F16V3 Pixel Controller / Expansion port pins
« Last post by jeremy0203 on August 14, 2018, 10:17:00 PM »
Has a pinout been posted of the expansion port? If not can one be posted? Thanks.
Each port supports 6 universes, not 1!!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: EDM Plugin on 2.0
« Last post by patdelaney on August 14, 2018, 03:06:43 PM »
I started testing some of the plugins for 2.0. I'm thinking that EDM RDS maybe broken currently. But please feel free to try it out. We need all the feed back we can get

When I initially setup xlights, I created 50 universes even though I only started out using 32. 

My question is that when I connect the additional expansion board using the ribbon and receivers, I now have 16 new universes, do I then make my first port on the new receiver universe 33 and so on to universe 48?
Thanks in advance for your help.

It sounds like you are equating Universes with  String Ports.  While it is possible to allocate them 1-for-1, it is not necessary and there is no requirement for them to be the same.  If you lock yourself in to 1 universe per port, you are also locking yourself in to a maximum of 170 pixels per port.  Its not a problem if that's what you want, but I wanted to make sure you understand the controller is not limited in that way.

You will have a total of 48 string ports available to assign.  If you are not seeing all 48 ports on the String Ports configuration page, you need to enable the drop-down menu that says "Main Board w/Two Expansions".  You can assign any universes to any ports and a single port can have multiple universes of data on it.  The actual number of universes that you will need depends on how many total channels you need and how many channels per universe you define (maximum 512 channels per universe)

F16V3 Pixel Controller / Re: Additional Differential Expansion Board and Receivers
« Last post by Haus on August 14, 2018, 02:12:21 PM »
When I initially setup xlights, I created 50 universes even though I only started out using 32. 

My question is that when I connect the additional expansion board using the ribbon and receivers, I now have 16 new universes, do I then make my first port on the new receiver universe 33 and so on to universe 48?
Thanks in advance for your help.

« Last post by algerdes on August 14, 2018, 01:46:29 PM »
DO NOT TRUST THIS - But...

Under "normal" wiring, Brown would be your V+, Blue would be your V-, and Yellow would be your Data.

ONCE AGAIN, CHECK, CHECK and CHECK again.

« Last post by Dennis Laff on August 14, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
do you have an ohm meter to check the wires with because you really can't assume anything  isn't the lor board labeled  How far is Bartlett from Midway airport I'm a few miles from  the airport take a ride down here on the weekend and i'll figure it out for you Dennis
Falcon Player Plugins / Re: EDM RDS
« Last post by mdahm on August 14, 2018, 12:40:34 PM »
Is your pi connected to your home network?  If so you can get time from that and don't need the rasclock.
F16v2 Pixel Controller / Re: temp sensor connection
« Last post by David Pitts on August 14, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
Even on the production boards they are just soldered with heat shrink over the top.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10