Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Okay, 2 problems...
« Last post by Ebuechner on Today at 05:14:55 AM »
I'm only guessing but it sounds like you didn't set your external storage device in the fpp setup page.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Playlist lagging
« Last post by larryk5 on Today at 03:50:46 AM »
Nope! only the Pi's and BBB!

Falcon Player (FPP) / Okay, 2 problems...
« Last post by Stormyblade on October 15, 2018, 11:00:30 PM »
1) After finally getting everything set up and running tonight (Halloween sequences), the FPP on my Rasp Pi 3B went into 'FPPD is Stopped' mode and won't go back to Running. I've already done the Shutdown on FPP, the Restart on FPP, and powered everything back on. No go - FPPD is not starting.

2) I've got version 2.1 installed on my Pi 3B, which is my Master player - my BBB w/Octoscroller is my Remote FPP player. I'm trying to get a playlist going on my Pi 3 but I can't get more than 4 sequences/songs entered - it simply won't let me add any more. Any ideas why I can only get 4?

Oh, one last thing...are there some scripts and things I'm supposed to run on my playlist to get the FPP to shut down correctly on both the BBB FPP and the Rasp Pi FPP during a playlist setup?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: 2.1 Video Output select
« Last post by aknflyer on October 15, 2018, 10:17:00 PM »
What do you mean there is actual video embedded in the FSEQ file? I am fighting a usb audio issue with my fm transmitter and dkulp indicated something about video in the mp3 file. Maybe it is in the sequence. Could you enlighten me about video in the FSEQ file?

"video embedded in the FSEQ file" means that, in xLights, when you add a Video (or even a graphic) to an element line for a model, the rendering agent breaks that video down, frame by frame, and it becomes part of the FSEQ file.

As far as audio goes, for playback, it can come from the original MP4 file or you can extract the audio into a separate (but named the same) MP3 file. The MP3 file will be much smaller.

If you are using Remote FPPs to drive your matrix, you will need ONLY that FSEQ file since the video is "embedded" and Remotes don't generally play audio.

Is that any clearer?
Thanks Jon....you have a gift for explaining a complicated topic in ways a layman can understand.....  I really appreciate your feedback.....
The only audio I use is on my master as an .mp3 file. Its only purpose is to run the fm transmitter and sync to the remotes. There is no video, or audio saved on the remotes, just fseqs like a Lila sequence Light of Christmas, I did'nt edit the tree file and have no matrix. After 2.x my usb connnected transmitter has noise disrupting the audio so bad you can hardly hear the audio. Dkulp posted this to me after troubleshooting: "ffplay is detecting a video stream as well so I wonder if the video stream in it is causing issues." I saw he was out of the US so thought maybe this was related.   
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Losing scripts and audio files
« Last post by Emork142 on October 15, 2018, 09:18:19 PM »
No.  Normal alpha-numeric.  Nothing weird.
« Last post by JonB256 on October 15, 2018, 09:06:41 PM »
Did you rename any of the scripts, perhaps putting in "odd" characters?

Do the names of your audio files contain any "suspicious" non-alpha characters?

Sometimes FPP can be very picky about file names
« Last post by Emork142 on October 15, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
I currently have a 32 gb Sandisk 10.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP version 1.10 and 2.1 in same show
« Last post by JonB256 on October 15, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »
There has been no change across versions for the Remote's sync codes.

I will say that with your 9 listed Remotes, unless you have a specific reason to individually check the remotes, it generates less network traffic using All Remotes.
Falcon Player (FPP) / FPP version 1.10 and 2.1 in same show
« Last post by Emuney18 on October 15, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »
I have not seen the answer to this question.  Is there a problem with running an FPP setup with multiple versions of the software on devices?  For example my setup:
Master Raspberry Pi 3 running version 1.10
3 Remote Raspberry Pi 3s running version 1.10 that are outputting e1.31 data to controllers.
2 Remote BBBs running 2.1 that are driving P5 panels
3 Remote Pocket Beagles with the F8-PB boards running pixels

Showing Off / Re: Singing Jack o'Lanterns
« Last post by jnealand on October 15, 2018, 06:21:49 PM »
Nice work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10