Author Topic: 12 X 48 Matrix Issue  (Read 245 times)

Offline jeff.ott

• Kudos: 0
12 X 48 Matrix Issue
« on: November 18, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »
Well don't know if I messed this one up or not. I have a 12 x 48 matrix (Boscoyo matrix sheet). I have this set up in xlights as a 12 string with 48 nodes per string. However, I have used all 50 of the nodes on the pixel string. So the result is that I have doubled back on successive rows by an increment of 2 pixels. My falcon controller is set up with 300 pixels per port. So I have to use two ports to control the 576 pixels on this matrix. I have also setup the falcon to zig each 48 pixels the first series of 300 pixels on controller output 1 works fine. Its the second controller port where I'm getting into trouble. I believe that since port two doesn't start at the beginning of a row that my 48 zig setting is causing the second port pixels to wrap at the wrong  interval.  So can we have a 12x48 matrix using 50 node strands that has to run on 2 controller ports? I can't seem to figure out how to setup in xLights and the Falcon. . . . Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline jeff.ott

Re: 12 X 48 Matrix Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 10:56:43 PM »
Ok figured it out. . .  Had to do some interesting things in the Falcon.  Added two sub port lines on the second matrix port.  the first was the length of the remaining 36 pixels in line 7 with a zig of 36. then second sub line is for 48 pixels reversed with 48 zig for line 8. then the third is the remaining 192 pixels with a 48 zig for lines 9-12. Now my text scrolls fine.  I will probably fix the matrix and the end of the season to only have 288 pixels per channel.  But I have other things to get done before Christmas. . . . .  this controller is really amazing!

Offline Grave9

Re: 12 X 48 Matrix Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:47:07 PM »
Any screen shots on this? I ran into the same thing and spend most of yesterday changing my start channel on the Falcon till it lined up. I'm trying to setup 2 matrixes, 24 x 48. Might start a new thread. Sorry to highjack.