Author Topic: Differential receiver from F16V3  (Read 484 times)

Offline sgibbons2

• Kudos: 0
Differential receiver from F16V3
« on: November 26, 2018, 04:53:29 PM »
I am helping a neighbor with his setup and I can't figure out an issue.

He has a f16v3 and a 4 string differential receiver board connected to port 1. He has a 384 pixel tree connected to port 1 of the differential receiver board, and a second 384 pixel tree connected to port 2.

On the serial outputs screen, I have set the Mode to Pixel data, and the port index to Port 17 for #1 and Port 18 for #2.
On the port output screen, I set port 17 to start on channel 2401 and have 384 pixels and port 18 to start on 3553 and also have 384 pixels.

Test mode works as expected. The issue is when I try to use xlights. I have a model for the trees set up with 384 pixels to start on channel 2401. When I place an On effect on the first tree, I get all of the pixels lit along with 3/4 of the pixels on the second tree.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look?

I set up my F4F3 with a F4V2 expansion board and receiver and it was seamless and worked first time.
My neighbor has a differential expansion board on order, but I would like to figure this out.

Thanks,
Steve

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Re: Differential receiver from F16V3
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 05:08:26 PM »
You need to review all your channel assignments with a fine tooth comb.  And make sure xlights and the F16 configs match.  I thought I had mine matching and then I ran check sequence in xlights and found overlap.  I must have gone blind looking for that because I never saw it.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline sgibbons2

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »
Jim,
Just to prove you wrong, I created a test xlights directory, set up fresh universes and created only 1 model of his tree at channel 2401.
and.....
it worked perfect. Large bowl of crow coming my way.

I started from scratch adding the elements back into xlights and everything is good now.

Thanks for the advice.

Steve

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 10:13:03 AM »
We look at stuff for so long that we seem to miss the obvious.  I am very experienced with this.  I also loose things only to find them after I buy new replacements.