Author Topic: No output from controller  (Read 517 times)

Offline nsmetcalf

• Kudos: 0
No output from controller
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:26:59 PM »
I finished setting up my display last night that I have ran for the past 2 years. Nothing has changed in my display during this time except for updating to the newest version of X lights. When I powered it on this evening one of my controllers (F16 v2) output without issue. But, my 2nd controller (also F16 v2)has no output.  When I 1st tested it, it output to one of my roof lines but now I'm getting no output at all.I verified power and all of my connections and there has been no change to my configuration. The only thing I have not recently updated is the firmware. I am going to try that tomorrow evening but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experience with this in the past?

Offline nsmetcalf

Re: No output from controller
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
I actually just searched for the firmware update but I was unsuccessful.  I found it for f16v3 and f16 v2R but not f16 v2. May need help with this as well. Any suggestions?  I was looking on pixelcontroller.com

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:56:18 PM »
A lot of folks seem to be having issues with the v2 this year but a factory reset seems to fix the problem.  Save you settings first and then you can restore them after do the reset.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline mac50

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 12:16:03 AM »

I actually just searched for the firmware update but I was unsuccessful.  I found it for f16v3 and f16 v2R but not f16 v2. May need help with this as well. Any suggestions?  I was looking on pixelcontroller.com
Firmware is under discontinued controllers, f16v2R, just under firmware for that board. 
http://pixelcontroller.com/firmware/F16V2_1.11_006_beta.fal
I had about same problem with output on f16v2, output only occasional flicker. Processor board was not quite fully seated at one end of connector to main board. Had unplugged expansion board a few days before and must have pulled it out. Just a couple hours shot troubleshooting :-\

Offline nsmetcalf

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:58:01 AM »
I saw that in a few other posts. I appreciate your response.  I will try that tonight when I get in tonight and post my results.

Offline nsmetcalf

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »
Thank you all for your help. I just tried updating the firmware and unfortunately the port for the micro USB is broken on my board. So, I cannot get it to factory reset. I tried updating the firmware 1st but that did not work. So, I will be dark this year. Have a new display at my church and this is the 1st year so I will focus there and enjoy that. Again, thank you for the help.

Offline aknflyer

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 11:02:28 PM »
Not sure if this applies to the f16v2 board, but in the f16v3 manual page 95, hold down select while booting, release button when led 1 & led 2 begin flashing. No usd port required for factory reset. Worth a try.

Offline nsmetcalf

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 04:52:07 AM »
I actually tried that last night as well. Unfortunately no luck. After seeing my kids faces when I told them no lights this year...I ordered a new F16v3. Hope it arrives quickly.  I'll work with David on getting this v2 fixed as a spare maybe.