Author Topic: F48 Differential Receiver seems to be locking up  (Read 460 times)

Offline gizmohd

• Kudos: 0
F48 Differential Receiver seems to be locking up
« on: November 30, 2018, 10:32:23 PM »
SO I've got two different Differential receivers that are exhibiting similar problems....

1.  after running for a period of time all the lights go white... and stay on.
2.  this usually only affects one channel.... (tomorrow I'll check to see if it's the same channel on both receivers, or different)

the only way to reset the 100% white or hung string... is to do a complete power cycle.. then it runs for x amount of time and then does the exact same thing again...

any thoughts why its doing this and how I can resolve it?    Luckily I have a couple unused boards this year and can swap them out... but it's a little disconcerting especially when you walk outside and see a whole string of lights stuck on and have to power cycle it to get it to work again.

Thanks in advance!

Darren

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
Re: F48 Differential Receiver seems to be locking up
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »
I am having this issue this year with a tree in my tree line ... it'll run fine, then at some point locks up and all lights stay on white (except a few nodes at the beginning) ... till I unplug it and replug it back in.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 124
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: F48 Differential Receiver seems to be locking up
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
I am having this issue this year with a tree in my tree line ... it'll run fine, then at some point locks up and all lights stay on white (except a few nodes at the beginning) ... till I unplug it and replug it back in.

Because the Differential Receiver has absolutely no "smart processing" to it, that is a difficult question. How are you powering (voltage, wattage, wire gauge) the Differential board? There is so little to go wrong on the receiver board itself. If it has proper voltage and grounding, it should run forever.

Try another CAT5 cable. Tighten your connections. Is the voltage regulator module overheating?