Author Topic: PiCap Will Not Output in V2.6  (Read 534 times)

Offline mmais68569

• Kudos: 0
Re: PiCap Will Not Output in V2.6
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 08:19:15 AM »
In xlights you have that model starting at channel 47437.
In FPP you have it starting at channel 1
I have to apologize pixelpuppy. I have been testing on my desktop computer & not getting an results. So I grabbed my tablet changed the start channel & everything works. I guess the problem must be a conflict between the desk top & Pi.
Mike

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 09:27:41 AM »
Just curious, isn't 47437 equal to 92:333 (or 92:332 - or there abouts. I'm doing this in my head)?
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 11:07:42 AM »
I have the start channel set to 192.168.1.30 94:1
I have tried 47437 in FPP & still will not work.
Mike
Glad you got it running, but I think you are going to have some more problems down the road...Why do you have so many Universes? Do you really have that many lights? (over 16,000??) It looks like the way you are addressing your props and controllers are a big part of the problem. You are mixing addressing styles that only leads to confusion...For example, at one point you are using output and channel number, then on some you are using IP and channel number (I think this is what bit you with this problem) Some universes are 510 and some 512 (which is totally fine as long as everything matches!)
Addressing is a bit confusing. There are several methods to address the pixels. I recommend picking one method and sticking with it for everything. The purposes of addressing is so that all systems know how to find each pixel to make it light up with the color you want. And you are the one that needs to tell each system how to find each pixel.
I would suggest that you learn and use the Universe/Channel method (or Absolute, but that can cause problems if you expand in the future) and then let XLights manage your controllers as much as possible.
Another issue I see is that your Small Pixel Tree 1 is set up in Xlights to be on Controller 192.168.1.106 and will span Universes 56 to 71 and use 2598 pixels! Is your SMALL tree that big? You are assigning each strip of your tree to a separate Universe? That isn't the best way to do things.
If you want help in understanding how to number things and set them up to make it easier, let us know
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 11:20:15 AM »
Just curious, isn't 47437 equal to 92:333 (or 92:332 - or there abouts. I'm doing this in my head)?
It could be if all of his Universes are 512, but someone can set up Universes to be ANY number they want....As long as it doesn't exceed 512 channels per Universe. It looks like most of his universes are set up for 510 and if that is the case, then 47437 would be Universe 94 Channel 8, but I suspect that he has some odd Universes. If you look at the network page 47437 Does correspond to Universe 94 Channel 1, but does the controller match that? IDK

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 11:23:08 AM »
I have to apologize pixelpuppy. I have been testing on my desktop computer & not getting an results. So I grabbed my tablet changed the start channel & everything works. I guess the problem must be a conflict between the desk top & Pi.
Mike
I doubt there is a conflict between your desktop and Pi, maybe some settings are not correct?

Offline mmais68569

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 02:03:26 PM »
Poporacer
I have gone back & renumbered all models with universe: start channel. That is the way I started out & for some dumb reason I changed a few for some reason. As far as the small pixel tree & other pixel trees I have, all use individual universe & start channels. Yes it is a waste of a lot of channels but I find it easier for me to use.
 Mike

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
Poporacer
I have gone back & renumbered all models with universe: start channel. That is the way I started out & for some dumb reason I changed a few for some reason. As far as the small pixel tree & other pixel trees I have, all use individual universe & start channels. Yes it is a waste of a lot of channels but I find it easier for me to use.
 Mike
I think once you understand how the numbering actually works and how XLights uses the numbering, you will find it MUCH easier and less prone for errors. I can elaborate if you want.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 122
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 03:44:18 PM »
Yes it is a waste of a lot of channels but I find it easier for me to use.

With the new (optional !!!) compressed format for FSEQ files, wasted and unused channels will not be a problem. Blank space compresses HUGELY.

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 06:33:00 PM »
Yes it is a waste of a lot of channels but I find it easier for me to use.

With the new (optional !!!) compressed format for FSEQ files, wasted and unused channels will not be a problem. Blank space compresses HUGELY.
But if he doesn't understand how the Addressing works or how to set up his models correctly, he is going to continue to have problems