Author Topic: Not getting any output  (Read 331 times)

Offline wilkija

• Kudos: 0
Not getting any output
« on: December 03, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »
I had everything up and running a couple of nights ago.  We had a bad storm that knocked over the megaTree causing be to put it all back together.  It was lightning very bad that night, but I unplugged the power on everything fairly early in the night.  I did not however remember to unplug the f48 itself, which is in my garage.  Now that I have everything back up, I can't get any output from the two differential receivers attached to the f48.  I can put it in test mode and get no output from any of the attached devices.  I unplugged everything two one of the receivers after the storm, so I could see that maybe I didn't attach it back correctly, but I didn't detach anything from the other board so nothing changed on it or the f48. 

On the f48 UI, I can see the packet count increase for the universes.  How can I troubleshoot if anything is actually being sent to the receiver boards?  Should there be some blinking or anything on the boards (the lights are all solid on the fuses).

FYI - I've also gone ahead and reflashed firmware as well as reloaded the settings just to be sure.

Offline K-State Fan

• Kudos: 5
Re: Not getting any output
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 06:19:23 AM »
You could call David.

Offline wilkija

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »
Well it looks like the differential receiver boards have an issue.  I happen to have a spare and it runs fine.  Is it possible to reflash the pics on the receiver boards (if that is the problem)?  I have a pic programmer from my renard stuff but I don't think I've seen the code/firmware for these boards posted anywhere.

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 9
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 12:56:46 PM »
Nothing to flash on the receiver boards. If the chips are bad they have to be replaced.
Before you go that far look over the board for loose or missing solder joints.
I have a board sitting here that's missing sodder in some of the joints right next to the QC pass sticker🤔

Offline wilkija

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 01:05:34 PM »
Yea...David just informed me of that as well.  I'll check the boards for loose connections, but since they ran fine for a few days and its both of them at the same time, I doubt that to be the issue.  I actually have 2 spare receivers, so I'm going to swap them out and I think I'll be good.

Offline wilkija

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »
Swapped the receiver boards and all is well. I guess lightning got them?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 118
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 11:22:38 AM »
Swapped the receiver boards and all is well. I guess lightning got them?

Replace the chips and they'll be fine. There's only one other active component on there - the voltage regulator - and if it was bad then you get no output from anything.

Offline wilkija

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »
Luckily I had two spare boards, so I got it up and running.  I'll swap the chips later so I can have spares again.  Do you know the chip model?  I didn't see a BOM on the site.