Author Topic: Falcon Player controlling a Raspberry Pi with PiCap  (Read 459 times)

Offline Adbrig4

• Kudos: 0
Falcon Player controlling a Raspberry Pi with PiCap
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:12:20 PM »
Hello, Is it possible to have a Pi with Falcon player run another Raspberry Pi running as remote with a PIcap in a weather proof case 
outdoors running pixels or relays?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Falcon Player controlling a Raspberry Pi with PiCap
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
Yes, I'm doing that right now. In fact, I have a Pi Master controlling a Pi Remote which is controlling a Pi in Bridge Mode (PiCap)

Offline Adbrig4

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 09:57:22 PM »
Ok, Do you have to do anything to keep the RaspberryPi outdoors from getting too cold? also do you control any dumb lights with relays in your setup in sequences?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 05:19:03 AM »
Ok, Do you have to do anything to keep the RaspberryPi outdoors from getting too cold? also do you control any dumb lights with relays in your setup in sequences?

I live in Texas, so Zero F is about as bad as it gets. I use Samsung Extreme uSD cards (made for outdoor PTZ Security Cameras). They tolerate moisture and cold and heat better.  Keep the Pi dry. Nobody likes wet Pie.

I have used a 4-Relay board (USB connection to the Pi) from www.icstation.com.  Fully supported as an "Other" by FPP

Offline JonnyO

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 06:43:12 AM »

I live in Texas, so Zero F is about as bad as it gets. I use Samsung Extreme uSD cards (made for outdoor PTZ Security Cameras). They tolerate moisture and cold and heat better.  Keep the Pi dry. Nobody likes wet Pie.

I can vouch for the same, and I'm in Chicago. I ran a script to document the temperature of the on-board thermistor every hour, as I was concerned about the temp. It moved a little bit during the day as the weather changed but even on days of extremely low temps (I think it got down to -10 F at one point) it never missed a beat. The relay board I was using didn’t have any problems either.