Author Topic: My Xlights doesn't look like yours :(  (Read 442 times)

Offline Kringle

• Kudos: 0
My Xlights doesn't look like yours :(
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »
Afternoon folks,  I'm new to the Light Show display scene and have a question maybe y'all can help me with because I'm stumped.  I've downloaded Xlights on my MAC but doesn't look like all the youtube videos i have watch the past month or so.  i am missing the the schedule tab and capture tab at the top, also am missing the media directory button.  I am still able to import mp3 files but i just have to go through the browser every time.  It's not a big deal, I'm just jealous all y'alls program goes right to the correct folder when prompted to upload.  I do not have any equipment yet, just spending some time getting use to Xlights and creating some virtual displays on my house.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline KBCoggin

Re: My Xlights doesn't look like yours :(
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:45:01 PM »
Perhaps the videos you are watching have some kind of plugin.  I am running Xlights and I do not have a Schedule Tab or Capture Tab on mine either.  Setup, Layout, Sequencer.

Offline Kringle

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
Ok cool so its not just me then.  Those are the same 3 tabs i have too.

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 89
    • KulpLights.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »
Those videos were likely from xLights 4 or 2016.   

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 124
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »

Offline Kringle

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »
Those videos were likely from xLights 4 or 2016.

@dkulp.   Thank you...  I never expected you of all people to chime in here (no disrespect intended), I greatly appreciate it.  I doesn't seem to be slowing me down at all, I've been able to program a small show for my house.  Nothing special just animation on some single strand chases on an outline and a few trees.  As i stated before, I'm just trying to get a feel for the software before i dive in.  Although i do have a spreadsheet for my personal "starter pack".  The Xlights stuff is very user friendly, and with the export to the falcon hardware support, why would you choose anything else (sorry, kind of a fanboy already).  I never would of expected there to be so much support for such a niche market.  Anyway, thank you again all who read this, especially the guys taking time out of there day to record tutorials and such for us "noobs".