Author Topic: What am I doing wrong with this xLights setup?  (Read 291 times)

Offline Robertf57

• Kudos: 0
What am I doing wrong with this xLights setup?
« on: December 16, 2018, 11:32:21 AM »
My display consists of a megatree, a matrix made of P10 panels, 4 stars and a string of 300 pixels along my railing. I had the railing string up last year before I had  my 16 output controller and I used an ESPixel to drive it. I bought an AlphaPix16 controller at the beginning of the year and have put my display elements, except the railing on it. My show plays fine with the railing on the ESPixel and the everything else on the 16 output controller. I decided to get the wireless router out of the mix and move the railing to output 13 on the AlphaPix. I configure the AlphaPix to place universe 37 with 300 nodes (so also universe 38 also) onto output 13 and the controller lights the railing up with the internal test without a hitch. However, when I try and setup xLights and render a sequence to play on the display, it doesn't work. My setup screen and models screen are attached. I'm sure I am making some simple neophyte mistake here; but I am flabbergasted! Fortunately, If I just point those universes to the ESPixel on 192.168.0.204 all works fine.

Thanks

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: What am I doing wrong with this xLights setup?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »
The poly line and star 1 are defined in a way that I've never seen before. Most of the rest of your channels are defined in universe/channel format but somehow you've got an IP in there. No idea if this is the problem or not. Not even sure how you've got this as I couldn't work out how to do it.

Offline Robertf57

• Kudos: 0
Re: What am I doing wrong with this xLights setup?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »
Thanks AAH. That is just one of many changes I tried to get the thing to work. When choosing the start Chanel you may choose ANY or a specific controller in and the universe #. I switched those two models to be specifically on the 16 channel controller. Didnt make any difference.