Author Topic: Mega tree help needed  (Read 478 times)

Offline tnob1

• Kudos: 0
Mega tree help needed
« on: November 30, 2018, 10:47:52 AM »
I built a 16 string mega tree thats 30 high and 480 pixels, im running it on an expansion board from my F16v3 DMX/Pixel port 1 over a Cat 6 15ft cord. when i run left or right sequences on it they appear correct and match Xlights previews but when i try to change a sequence to run up or down it looks good in Xlights but on the actual mega tree it shows up all mixed up. Any thoughts?

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Re: Mega tree help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:53:42 PM »
You might have zig zag set in both xlights and the controller.  That is a big no no.  Only set zig zag in one place.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline tnob1

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 06:45:00 PM »
on the strings on the controller i have zig zag as zero and in xlights i have tried all 480 on 1 string with 16 strands to 2 strings with 240 pixels on 8 strands to 16 strings with 30 pixels and 1 strand. it doesn't seem to mater what i do i keep getting a similar result. I also tried the zig zag on the controller in the strings menu with the above and similar issue.

Interesting note when i was watching the tree tonight, i notice both a text effect and a galaxy effect in 2 different sequences show up 2 times one above the other on the tree even though in Xlights they only show 1 on the tree at a time.

Appreciate the help, for now im back to googling to see if i can find anything.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:12:49 PM »
You will need to post screenshots of your setup pages.  Also try running the check sequence under the tools menu.

Offline tnob1

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »
See if this works for image.

Offline tnob1

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 08:07:59 PM »
No issues on the sequence check, but it doesnt look the same on the tree as xlights. Its repeating the same words on top and bottom

Offline K-State Fan

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 10:18:04 PM »
One string of lights with 480 pixels on output 13?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tnob1

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 06:15:03 AM »
Ya, thats just where i stopped playing with it. The intent was 2 strings of 240 and in that case i had 2 ports13 and 14. I originally had the main board and expansion enabled and using ports 17 and 18 but i went back to using the dmx port 1 on the main board to see if that was my problem. Same issue.

Offline K-State Fan

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:08:49 AM »
If you right click on the model and get node layout does it match how it is physically wired? Or you can look at the wiring view. Wiring view is from behind the model and node layout if from the front.
Screen shots of all your settings also

Offline tnob1

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 08:42:45 AM »
I must have some overlap somewhere after hours and hours of fighting this i just built a second tree on a whole new set of channels and once added this new tree to the F16V3 it worked correctly.  Now i just have this wasted set of channels to a tree in Xlights that doesn't do anything, but if i try to remove the old tree the new one goes bad so i guess ill just leave it for this season.

All the channels appear to match, but i guess im missing something lol. Thanks for your help!