Author Topic: PiCap not playing sequence. Either via schedule or from main Status page manual  (Read 358 times)

Offline half.fast

• Kudos: 0
  • Retired Geek
I have a Pi 3B+ with a PiCap.  I have a sequence developed in xLights loaded into the Pi with a media file ("Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer").  I can play the sequence from the Display Testing page without problem.  If I try to play it from the Status Page the "Play" button dims but the Elapsed and Remaining times do not progress and the sequence does not play. (Attachment 1)
Similarly, if I have the playlist  run in the scheduler [size=78%](attachments 2 & 3)[/size][/size][size=78%], nothing happens.[/size]
I believe I have the Channel Outputs described correctly.  (attachment 4)
I'm pretty sure I'm missing some minor input, switch or other but can't find it.
Help would be most appreciated.
Thanks to our military and all veterans.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
First guess is that you don't have a working Sound output listed on FPP Settings.

When you enabled the PiCap, it reboots and disables On-board sound. Until you add a valid sound card (USB SoundBlaster 3 is highly recommended), it is going to hang.

Add a Playlist with just the sequence, no media, and it should play just fine.

Offline half.fast

• Kudos: 0
  • Retired Geek
Jon8256,
Spot On!  I can't test it right now, but I know I do NOT have a valid sound card defined.  I actually HAVE a USB SoundBlaster, NIB, sitting on the shelf.  I'll have to pull it out and get it into service.  Hopefully, THAT will correct my oversight.  THANK YOU!

I'll be giving it a try in the next couple days, when I'm back home.
Ron