Author Topic: Enclosure Temperatures  (Read 251 times)

Offline Ken

• Kudos: 0
Enclosure Temperatures
« on: December 18, 2018, 02:43:48 PM »
For those of you who have fans and temperature sensors in your enclosures, where do you like to keep the temperature?  I've searched multiple forums and even though there are lots of threads on the subject of venting enclosures and using fans I've only found one post where someone actually stated the temperature they use and that was 35 degrees celcius or 95 degrees fahrenheit. 

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
Re: Enclosure Temperatures
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 06:52:01 PM »
Where do you live because you'll never get below ambient temp.   Of course most electronics like cold but sub arctic and they last longer if cold. I really don't worry about it much.  I set mine to 25C in a place that gets to about 5C at night and 20C during day in the shade.  I also have some that are always on. 

Offline Ken

• Kudos: 0
Re: Enclosure Temperatures
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:18:25 PM »
I'm in Greenville, SC so just a little warmer than you.  Right now, with just passive cooling my enclosures with 4 power supplies are maxing out at around 87F and that's with the sequence running.  Once the sequence stops the temps inside the enclosures drop to around 60F ( outside temp in the upper 30s to low 40s ) until then next morning when the outside temp starts to rise again.  So right now I'm trying to decide if I should add some fans to the enclosures or not.