Author Topic: The first 2 pixels in the strand keep on blinking when the show is off  (Read 319 times)

Offline BrightLights

• Kudos: 0
I have the F48 Pixel controller running the lights. I have 10 panels with 168 pixels on them and 1 panel has 2 lights that are always blinking. It's the first 2 lights in the strand from the power, data plug. I thought it was a bad pixel so I replaced the 2 pixels and still the same issue, they will not turn off and when I run the test mode, in Green color test the first 2 pixels will show a lights green and the rest of the pixels will be the normal Green color. I checked the wiring 3 times and they are connected correct. The only thing that I have not replaced is the [/size]4-String Differential Receiver Board. All of the other pixels, around 1,200 pixels are working great. Is anybody else any this issue?[/font]

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: The first 2 pixels in the strand keep on blinking when the show is off
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 03:41:53 PM »
I have the F48 Pixel controller running the lights. I have 10 panels with 168 pixels on them and 1 panel has 2 lights that are always blinking. It's the first 2 lights in the strand from the power, data plug. I thought it was a bad pixel so I replaced the 2 pixels and still the same issue, they will not turn off and when I run the test mode, in Green color test the first 2 pixels will show a lights green and the rest of the pixels will be the normal Green color. I checked the wiring 3 times and they are connected correct. The only thing that I have not replaced is the 4-String Differential Receiver Board. All of the other pixels, around 1,200 pixels are working great. Is anybody else any this issue?

Formatting removed. No idea why they would blink.

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 9
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
Try swapping things between the string that's acting up and a working string and see where the problem follows.
Also check the receiver board for bad solder joints and make sure that the ic are seated in the sockets.

Offline Kensington Graves

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:51:01 PM »
I had a whole bunch that were blinking when no data were being sent.  I just checked the plugs and cycled the power.  Problem solved.  I happened after it rained, so Im thinking it was moisture-related.