Author Topic: Request for additional function on website.  (Read 294 times)

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
Request for additional function on website.
« on: December 23, 2018, 11:02:41 AM »
Is there a way to get a function to show "all unread posts" added to the site?

At this time, when you access the site we are presented with "Show unread posts since last visit."  (See attachment 1.)  This works if you read all the threads the last time you were on the site.

If you cut any of your previous sessions short (didn't read all the new threads), you don't see any of these until you have read all the new posts since that visit.  Once you have completed this, you are presented with a new prompt in the grey bar to "Click here to try all unread topics." (See attachment 2.)

I'm asking if this prompt and ability could be added to the normal section (attachment 1).

Also, I didn't find any topic area for requests such as this, so I've added it to this area ("The Water Cooler") as it doesn't quite fit in any of the areas provided. 

Thanks for considering this.  If there already is a setting to turn this on, please point me in the right direction.

Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Re: Request for additional function on website.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 12:05:58 PM »
I also have experienced this problem and it is aggravating.  Life often calls us to leave a task when we are in the middle of it and reading thru the unread posts since last visit is one of those tasks that I have been in way too many times.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »
Once you have clicked on the 'show unread posts since last visit' and are taken to the list of new posts, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the 'all unread topics' link.  That will take you to a list of all unread messages.  Bookmark that page and use that link/bookmark when coming to the site.
-
Chris

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 12:22:09 AM »
That is nice to know it is there.  I have an "unread posts" external link now (http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0), but to use it you have to reconnect after each thread is read. 

Since that function already exists on the site, perhaps - someday - it could be added to the upper section for ease of access.

Thanks again.

Offline aknflyer

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 01:36:12 AM »
I use this, but when I want to see more detail on one thread, I right click and open that thread in a new tab. Then I can complete reading all the new threads in the orginal tab.
My one gripe is that it only goes back 10 pages, near christmas a few users posting lots exceeds 10 pages.... Is it posible to increase it to say 20? I know I can go to the all unread posts, but I find recent posts easier.