Author Topic: Piano  (Read 63 times)

Offline Xmas!

• Kudos: 0
Piano
« on: December 27, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
So Im not sure if anyone else has thought of this or even created it but here is what I think is a fantastic idea. Why not make the Christmas lights interactive with people who come by to see them. Im sure most of you have seen the movie Big with Tom Hanks and if not go watch it. When they are in the store he and the big boss start playing on a huge piano pad on the floor. Imagine being able to hook that piano pad up to your lights show so that every key and key combo makes a different set of lights light up in a different color. Like the A key makes segment 1 turn green, B key makes segment 2 turn blue,  it pressing both of them makes segments 1 and 2 flash red and white. Im sure its a ton of work but I think it would be a wicked cool addition.
Just getting started but I think this will become a huge hobby!!

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 191
Re: Piano
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:45:45 PM »
The latest versions of xLights can do this using a MIDI input and I have a proof of concept patch for FPP that does it as well using MIDI as well.  I bought a USB MIDI adapter last year but still need to play with the code some and then hook it up to our Yamaha so my son can play the lights. :)

Maybe this year I'll have time to get the code ready for release and get it into FPP.
-
Chris

Offline Xmas!

• Kudos: 0
Re: Piano
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
I was hoping this was my original idea....damn lol. Oh well thats cool that it is being worked now.