Author Topic: Non RGB show  (Read 299 times)

Offline garhett

• Kudos: 0
Non RGB show
« on: December 28, 2018, 09:30:12 AM »
2018 we stayed typical single color LED Christmas lights.  Here is a link to our one of our songs that wife took video of and added the music to.  Next year we will be doing a mixed show of standard LED on Light O Rama hardware, and RGB using a mix of, mostly Falcon, and a couple of AlphaPix controllers.

https://youtu.be/BbzVsu41c4o

Online Todd

• Kudos: 6
Re: Non RGB show
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 12:42:33 PM »
If you haven't yet you could start sequencing in Xlights. I used to do all LOR but when I made the switch to RGB, I still use a couple LOR controllers, I went to XLights. It makes life a lot easier, at least it did for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Todd L.
Kimberly, WI

Falcon F16V3 F48, FPP, X-Lights, LOR, Pi 3B

Offline garhett

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 08:17:05 AM »
Downloaded Xlights a couple of weeks ago. Added house picture and started placing pixels to roofline and a couple of trees. Need to figure out how to move my LOR props over but looks like its going to be custom models and going that route. Then will look into what sequencing lols like, and finally what I need to change at the controller side (both LOR and Falcon).

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 118
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 09:07:22 AM »
Downloaded Xlights a couple of weeks ago. Added house picture and started placing pixels to roofline and a couple of trees. Need to figure out how to move my LOR props over but looks like its going to be custom models and going that route. Then will look into what sequencing lols like, and finally what I need to change at the controller side (both LOR and Falcon).

My remaining LOR props (10 Reindeer and Rudolf's nose, some single color wrapped gifts and a line of snowmen) are just Large Dots or Squares on the screen.  I didn't spend any time drawing complicated shapes.

Online Todd

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:41:09 PM »
Mine are like JonB's also. Just dots on the layout screen. Getting the LOR set up isn't all that difficult. When you get to that point if you can't figure it out post back and there are many here who can help you out. Heck I got it working and I'm no "expert" at this. If you google it there are some good vides out there on Falcon and LOR.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:48:39 PM by Todd »

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 118
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 04:42:12 PM »
Here is the "lesson" I learned from Rudolf's red nose.

It is a single color and I chose Red (naturally).
But if you ever want it to light up in xLights, you need to select Red or "No" color in the selector.
Same with any other single color, non-RGB item.  Safest bet is to just deselect any color choice and it will light at the intended intensity.

Offline garhett

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 10:05:32 AM »
Thanks. Those pieces seem seem easy enough. I have a Marty fan and arches that may remain LED strings next year. Those are proving to be a little more difficult being new to Xlights. Changing it all out to RGB would probably double my spend this year. The plan right now, unless my commission checks get a lot bigger, is to change the house outline, yard outline, mini trees, and mega trees to RGB and then add window outlines with RGB.

Online Todd

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »
BTW...Really like Do you hear what I hear by Spiraling. I use it also.