Author Topic: Ray Wu Alternative source  (Read 2085 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 4
Ray Wu Alternative source
« on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »
Has anybody explored an alternative source for the DiyLight Animation RGB strings etc than purchasing from Ray?

If Ray went away tomorrow  :( or became unresponsive then getting product would become difficult.

In the engineering community it is always good to have a second source for everything. It also keeps your primary vendor on his/her toes and pricing could become even more competitive.

Just thinking out loud.

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Ray Wu Alternative source
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
I certainly would like to try out a source that responds more quickly to questions, requests for quotes, and status.  Also, the estimates for delivery have been getting to be 2x-3x longer.

I like Ray's product selection... just would like better customer service.
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline MrChristmas2000

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 4
Re: Ray Wu Alternative source
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 11:06:28 AM »
I have found on my last order that there is just one e-mail that gets a response fairly quickly. That is contact@rita-led.com

I even paid with Pay pal and he is replacing some modules that failed burn in fairly quickly.

I lived in HK when it was under English rule and then a company would come and go on a whim. If he was to just disappear then we would be stuck trying to find a replacement supplier on perhaps short notice.

My engineering blood tells me that a second source would help prevent this and also keep Ray honest and price competitive. I don't think he makes a living off of our orders. If someone moved in and wanted very large commitments from him we would certainly take a back seat in responsiveness to larger customers.