Author Topic: PiCap Remote Setup for Pixels  (Read 174 times)

Offline ssharpe83713

• Kudos: 0
PiCap Remote Setup for Pixels
« on: January 04, 2019, 11:50:52 AM »
I'm currently running a single Pi with e1.31 output to an Arduino and e6804 (config image attached-4857 total channels used).  This year, I want to add another Pi with a PiCap to the show network to drive additional pixels.  Does anyone have sample images of how the master and remote Channel Outputs would be set?  For example, does the master send a separate e1.31 universe to the remote (just like other controllers would receive)?  The remote would be configured to match the master e1.31 setup (but with no output active) and then the remote Pi Pixel Strings output tab would use the sequential absolute channels immediately after the last channel used by the master (4858 in my example)???  I'm a bit confused on this end!

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 14
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
Re: PiCap Remote Setup for Pixels
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
Let me try and answer both questions:
1.  Master does not send universes to remotes.  Master only sends a sync packet to remotes to tell remotes where everyone should be in the currently playing sequence.  The sequences with all channel/universe data reside independently on master and each remote.
2.  The remote only needs to be set up for the channels/universes physically connected to the remote.  So yes, your remote would start on 4859
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline ssharpe83713

• Kudos: 0
Re: PiCap Remote Setup for Pixels
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 12:48:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick, comprehensive response!