Author Topic: Master Branch not handling Plugins correctly  (Read 115 times)

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 5
Master Branch not handling Plugins correctly
« on: February 03, 2019, 11:36:35 AM »
If I have plugins installed in version 2.x and change to the Master Branch, then the Installed plugins (specifically Matrix Tools and After Hours Music Player) do not show up as Installed Plugins. If I go to the Available Plugins and click on the install button, I get an error message stating that the plugin is already installed. If I go back to the 2.x branch and uninstall the plugin and then go back to the Master branch, I can install the plugin.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
Re: Master Branch not handling Plugins correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »
The master branch uses a new plugin installed and plugin info file.  Instead of storing the plugin details in the main FPP repository, we have pushed that out to the individual plugin repositories so that the plugin author is in control of the version info, description, etc..

I will look at adding a change to allow the master branch to uninstall plugins installed with v2.6 and prior.  It may also work to allow upgrades of plugins which would pull in the new pluginInfo.json file for the plugin if it has one in its repository.  I will check into that also.
-
Chris