Author Topic: FPP 2.6 Now Available  (Read 1227 times)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 192
Re: FPP 2.6 Now Available
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 02:50:08 PM »
Yes, I'm open to creating that discussion. One of the things that I saw in the Plugin option on the playlist generation page, would be nice if you could direct it to a specific plugin, else all plugins would react to the callback script data coming to them.

That code isn't even hooked up yet.  I should have disabled that in the Playlist Editor.  The PlaylistEntryPlugin class is just a constructor and destructor, it has no meat currently.
-
Chris

Offline skulltronix

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 05:29:49 PM »
I've been trying to update from 2.5.3 to 2.6 as instructed but it just keeps installing 2.5.3 over and over.
??

Offline lithgowlights

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »
I've been trying to update from 2.5.3 to 2.6 as instructed but it just keeps installing 2.5.3 over and over.
??
Mine did a 2.5.3 to 2.5.3.2 update and then the 2.6 upgrade bar appeared. The Pi upgraded fine, but the BBB took about 20 mins to update, vs 10 for the Pi. Both appear to be running 2.6 fine

Offline Stormyblade

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 06:29:47 AM »
  • "FPP After Hours" plugin available from plugin list (internet radio stations)
  • Maybe I'm getting in over my head, but I was curious what this feature is, or what it does? (I'm asking because I haven't updated to 2.6 and played with it.)

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 71
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 07:06:15 AM »
  • "FPP After Hours" plugin available from plugin list (internet radio stations)
  • Maybe I'm getting in over my head, but I was curious what this feature is, or what it does? (I'm asking because I haven't updated to 2.6 and played with it.)

I used it this year..  Basically, when the show isn't running, it broadcasts an internet radio station over your fm transmitter.  Instead of broadcasting silence, there is Christmas music.    You add a lead-in to you show to turn if off and a lead out to turn it back on.   

I had people that would show up 20 minutes before the show started.   They had something to listen to.  :)

Dan Kulp

Offline allknowing2012

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 07:27:34 AM »

What ^^ he said...

I believe that will play music on your fm transmitter when there is no show playing. It will source it from interneet radio stations/urls?

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 62
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 07:52:09 AM »
One more way to think that you coordinate your lights with a real radio broadcaster.  LOL
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 37
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 07:57:32 AM »
FPP After Hours sounds pretty cool, but I've wondered.....

Even if your FM transmitter is within the FCC unlicensed power limits, isn't it still technically illegal to RE-BROADCAST another station without their "explicit written consent"?  I didn't think the unlicensed-low-power clause overrides the no-re-broadcasting clause.
-Mark

Offline skulltronix

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 10:47:44 AM »
When I follow the upgrade instructions I just get 2.5.3 installed again. Click ABOUT: Manual Update - No GREEN UPDATE BAR appears - it just goes ahead an reinstalls 2.5.3

## Upgrade Instructions: If you have a system running 2.4 or 2.5.x, you can go to the FPP about page (about.php) and click on the "Manual Update" button.  At that point, a big green "Upgrade" bar should appear. You will get all the improvements above except those marked with the "requires re-imaging" notes on the release note for all the versions is upgrading through.  *Note:* there are a LOT of changes in this release.  The "Upgrade" button will take several minutes.   BeagleBones should take about 15 minutes.  Newer Pi 3's are about 10 minutes.   Single core Pi's may take over 30 minutes.   

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 37
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
When I follow the upgrade instructions I just get 2.5.3 installed again. Click ABOUT: Manual Update - No GREEN UPDATE BAR appears - it just goes ahead an reinstalls 2.5.3

I believe that happens if a previous attempt was started but never completed.  Then you get stuck in this loop.   The fix is to use the developer page (http://{fpp.ip.address}/developer.php) to switch branches.  First switch back to a branch previous to the one you're currently at (like 2.4).  After that completes successfully, go back to the developer page and switch to the latest branch (like 2.6) and let it complete.  It takes a while so make sure you keep that webpage and window open for at least 10-15 minutes or more

Online Poporacer

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 12:39:09 PM »
I used it this year..  Basically, when the show isn't running, it broadcasts an internet radio station over your fm transmitter.  Instead of broadcasting silence, there is Christmas music.    You add a lead-in to you show to turn if off and a lead out to turn it back on.   

I had people that would show up 20 minutes before the show started.   They had something to listen to.  :)
I am trying to get this to work, but I must be missing something. I installed the plugin, and updated it, set a radio station URL, and set up the SoundBlaster, but it doesn't seem to be working.
I set up a playlist with the lead in to be fpp-after-hours-stop.php then had my playlist and then the lead out was fpp-after-hours-start.php. If I am looking at the After Hours Music plugin page, the Now Playing will pop up for just a second and then go away. If I click on the Run Start Script button, the Now Playing will show a message but then turn off.
What am I missing?
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline usmick78

• Some gave all. All gave some.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 03:17:31 PM »
Any more explicit instructions for the PocketBeagle?  I just got one from dkulp, and while the instructions that came with the PocketBeagle were a start, I could use a lot more help.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Offline Cjaqua

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 03:25:22 PM »
Any more explicit instructions for the PocketBeagle?  I just got one from dkulp, and while the instructions that came with the PocketBeagle were a start, I could use a lot more help.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Where are you getting stuck?

Offline usmick78

• Some gave all. All gave some.
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 03:42:47 PM »
After I flash the image to the SD card and restart the PocketBeagle I either can't get my PC to recognize it, or, when it does it FFP says I can expand my card memory and after I do my PC definitely can't find it.

Offline bigwavedave

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
FPP After Hours sounds pretty cool, but I've wondered.....

Even if your FM transmitter is within the FCC unlicensed power limits, isn't it still technically illegal to RE-BROADCAST another station without their "explicit written consent"?  I didn't think the unlicensed-low-power clause overrides the no-re-broadcasting clause.

If you are streaming a FCC licensed station, I believe that might be correct.  I think that rule was generally taking the input of XX.X FM and rebroadcasting to XXX.X FM.  (or AM).  If you are streaming some other source, or a internet only station, I don't think those rules would apply.  I am not a lawyer, but that was my understanding.