Author Topic: Removing the last Ver 1.X update.  (Read 1646 times)

Offline jeffu231

• Kudos: 0
Re: Removing the last Ver 1.X update.
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2019, 06:22:20 PM »
It's all about segregation and keeping traffic where it belongs. There is a lot more going on than just the show networks. One of the houses is not adjacent, so I have a wireless link between it. There is also a 4th house that is not currently part of the show, but part of the network that is connected by another wireless link. I have multicast wireless devices within each location that are isolated themselves on dedicated APs so they don't have unicast traffic on them. I have real managed appliances in place to do it correctly, so I have a lot of flexibility.

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »
@JeffU231
What are you using to transmit/receive the wireless data between houses?
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline jeffu231

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2019, 10:43:47 AM »

@JeffU231
What are you using to transmit/receive the wireless data between houses?

I am using a combination of these. They are positioned in line of sight.

https://mikrotik.com/product/RBwAPG-5HacT2HnD
https://mikrotik.com/product/RBSXT5HacD2nr2

Offline jeffu231

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2019, 12:47:26 PM »
Back on topic, in looking at the code, there is a FSEQUtil binary that is wrapping the actual FSEQ logic class. The logic class has methods to dump the FSEQ file info. Any chance you might want to enhance the FSEQUtil to expose those operations so files could be interrogated for structure on the command line with some human readable output? That would provide us that can't share the same logic file a way to verify our files can be cleanly read by the working code.

Online dkulp

• Kudos: 92
    • KulpLights.com
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2019, 12:56:42 PM »
Back on topic, in looking at the code, there is a FSEQUtil binary that is wrapping the actual FSEQ logic class. The logic class has methods to dump the FSEQ file info. Any chance you might want to enhance the FSEQUtil to expose those operations so files could be interrogated for structure on the command line with some human readable output? That would provide us that can't share the same logic file a way to verify our files can be cleanly read by the working code.

Pull requests (or other patches) are always welcome!  :)

Seriously, you can likely send the output to /dev/null and accomplish what you want:

Code: [Select]
./fsequtils -v -f 1 -o /dev/null ~/media/sequences/MySequence.fseq

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »
Seriously, you can likely send the output to /dev/null and accomplish what you want:

I want to update fsequtils to output a string that can easily be parsed (ie, JSON maybe) so I can use it in the FPP UI to display info about .fseq files similar to how we can click on a video and display info about the video.  With sparse files being used, I think it will be helpful for the user to be able to double check to see the contents of the .fseq file header.
-
Chris

Offline jeffu231

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 02:15:28 PM »

I want to update fsequtils to output a string that can easily be parsed (ie, JSON maybe) so I can use it in the FPP UI to display info about .fseq files similar to how we can click on a video and display info about the video.  With sparse files being used, I think it will be helpful for the user to be able to double check to see the contents of the .fseq file header.

Yes, this is what I was referring to. A nice diagnostic output that gives the information in the header in a usable format. It serves many a purpose. Then if folks have any question they can see the the file has what they think it has in it. The logic is there, it just needs exposed and put in a predictable format.

Offline jchuchla

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
...and it's done from the same code that FPP uses to read the files.  So there's no potential issue of it giving false results.  ...and written by the people who best understand it.