Author Topic: Pixels Don't Turn Off At End Of Sequence - Program Control Screen  (Read 128 times)

Offline ssharpe83713

• Kudos: 0
I just upgraded to v2.6.  When I run a sequence from the main (Program Control) screen, when the sequence ends, the lights stay on (no Repeat engaged).  To get them off, I have to press Play again and then press Stop Now.  If I run the same sequence from the Display Testing screen, Sequence tab, the lights go out at the end of the sequence, as expected.

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 13
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
Re: Pixels Don't Turn Off At End Of Sequence - Program Control Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »
Are you lights off at the end of your sequence (in whatever sequencing software you use)?  If you use xLights you can use the "Check Sequence" tool and it will tell you if lights are on at the end of the sequence.
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline ssharpe83713

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:44 PM »
Yep!  The sequence worked as expected under v1.10, which was my version prior to this morning's upgrade to v2.6.  Again, it works fine from the Display Testing area.

Offline Bos Lights

• BosLights - Light Shows
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:09:06 PM »
Hi ssharpe83713,

I am still running on the very stable 1.10 and am planning to update later this year to 2.5 or 2.6 to also enjoy some of the new features it offers. Just out of curiousity though to prepare myself did you intstall 2.6 on a new SD or did you overwrite your existing that had the 1.10 installed?

Thanks

Offline aknflyer

• Kudos: 6
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:44:38 AM »
You cannot upgrade from 1.x to 2.x by simply upgrading. Download the latest 2.5 file, extract it. Burn the image onto the sd card using dotnet disk imager, etcher, ect. After it comes up, do the upgrades and reboots to get to the latest 2.6 version. There is no 2.6 image to load directly at this time. Be sure to save your settings first, I do screen captures, since 1.x backups are not compatible with 2.x backups.

Offline Bos Lights

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 01:01:25 AM »
Thanks for sharing aknflyer!

Offline ssharpe83713

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
Sorry for the late reply..  Going from v1.10 to v2.6, I first reformatted my SD card.  Then, used Etcher (MacOS) to burn the v2.5 image to the SD card.  After booting and configuring v2.5, I upgraded to v2.6 from the v2.5 interface.  I did have to go through the upgrade twice....the first time the upgrade completed with a Fail notice.  I pressed Upgrade a second time and within a minute or so, FPP rebooted and completed the upgrade without further incident.  I did this with both of my Pis (2 Model B and 3 Model B).

Offline Bos Lights

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 07:44:31 PM »
Thanks ssharpe83713 👍 Just in case I might actually get a new SD card for the 2.5 and keep the 1.10 as a backup.