Author Topic: Colorado Light Enthusiast meet up in Denver metro on January 26  (Read 267 times)

Offline FireMedic4Christ

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 1
Colorado Light Enthusiast meet up in Denver metro on January 26
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:41:21 PM »
It's finally time! We will begin our holding our meetings on the fourth Saturday of each month thru October. This month and we will be meeting on January 26th in the basement level of the South Metro Fire Rescue Administration building located at 9195 East Mineral Avenue which is near IKEA from 0900 until we are wore out from all of the excitement or 1700. We have been known have lunch delivered or take a break and come back as there are several places to dine close by. There is also a kitchen next door if needed. I will make the coffee and bring a dozen donuts. If you are so inclined bring something to share as well.

Everyone is welcome to attend. It has only happened a handful of times in the last several years, but please comment if you are planning to attend so that no one makes the drive only to find they are the only one showing up. We often have members driving from Colorado Springs, Greeley and Ft. Collins to be with us.

This month will be a meet and greet to put names and faces together from the various forums. We will have time to discuss the season's successes and failures, best practices, etc. Our room is setup for media presentations if anyone wants.

Due to some technical difficulties, I don't have access to the suggested topics to cover this year and would like to recreate some sort of a schedule so that people can plan ahead if a topic interests them. Consider something that you might want to present or facilitate for us. Someone mentioned a make and take event that another groups does which sounds like fun.

As always, feel free to bring items to give away, sell, or trade. Bring your "lighting" issues and any associated equipment for troubleshooting as we have a very knowledgable group to help out.

I look forward to seeing everyone.

Brian Page
Brian

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 117
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Colorado Light Enthusiast meet up in Denver metro on January 26
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:30:57 AM »
Sadly, the 4th Saturday always seems to conflict with local meetings that I "must" attend or want to attend.
I know it would be a drive from Granbury, TX but it would give me an excuse to visit my brother in Amarillo. :)

Offline Illusions

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
Happy New Year!!  We are planning on attending.

See you all next weekend.

Σ - Illusions are art, for the feeling person, and it is by art, we live, if we do.
-Elizabeth Bowen-

Offline Bshaver

• Developer
  • Kudos: 22
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
Countdown begins to the next start of the Colorado Mini season. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. Thanks again to Brian Page for his generous efforts to secure a place where we can gather and talk about our hobby.
[/color][/size]In an effort to keep things moving in this first meeting an agenda will help so we can get all things accomplished, and set the stage for the upcoming year.[/font]
[/color][/size]Please comment below if you would like to add something to this. I'll do my best to cross post this information. There is a healthy list of members on this forum and Falcon Christmas that should cover most.[/font]
[/color][/size]1 - Setup - Those that are bringing things to barter, beg, steal (for an amazing low price of...), borrow, offer a time to get things organized, and also those that are wanting assistance with setting up some equipment. it is beneficial if you can bring an extension cord that can reach one of the walls to your area. I can bring some ethernet cables as well as we have successfully in the past created a mini network for users to use and also help demonstrate a "show network"[/font]
[/color][/size]2 - Introductions, Tell us a little bit about yourself, where you are located, summary of the equipment that you use, AC (LOR, Lynx, Renard...) Pixels. DIY stuff[/font]
[/color][/size]3 - Round robin of challenges, successes[/font]
[/color][/size]4 - HOW DID THEY DO THAT? This can be a Q/A portion of questions that people have on how did someone achieve a look that they saw in someone else's display. We may call on a few that are more experienced in the tools to achieve that. Not to get too lengthy in each discussion so each person has a chance to get their question asked. The responder can work with them individually in a break out (after lunch?) or one on one after the meeting using Zoom , Team Viewer, etc.[/font]
[/color][/size]5 - Summary of the year's events. Trade shows, learning opportunities.[/font]
[/color][/size]6 - Break(s) - Lunch? If you like, we have successfully ordered pizza in the past. Please bring some cash to contribute. Brian is making coffee, and brining donuts for the morning. We can all bring a little something to make it useful. The sugar rush is good first thing in the morning![/font]
[/color][/size]7 - Individual or group items that users would like to achieve. May call upon some in the group to help those that need assistance to lead these break outs. We have (but not limited to):[/font]
[/color][/size]a - Jeremey's Pixel Node MCU's how to flash them and get them started. Please bring some pixels and some tools (screw drivers) to get them assembled.
b - Falcon Firmware update. David Pitts has released some latest code for the V3 line of controllers. If you are not sure how to do this, bring your board, and power supply to turn it on. I have a bunch of Micro SD cards to achieve this that I can bring.
b - FPP software. Changes in 2.x - It continues to evolve and take a lot of user input
c - XLights Software. Changes in 2019 (3d?)
d - networking how to's & questions
[/font]
[/color][/size]As always, it is a great group and we have a lot of knowledge between us all. No one person's way is necessarily THE way, but it works for them. Please be considerate of everyone attending as this us usually one of our largest gatherings of the season. If you are not interested in a particular item, that is why we have tried to organize it so everyone has a chance.[/font]
[/color][/size][/font]
[/color][/size][/font]
[/color][/size]THis has been posted to the Colorado Facebook group as well. [/font]
Denver Colorado
45,000 blinky blinks mix of pixels and 130 AC Channels (powered by Minleon & Lynx) ALL Powered by FPP and Falcon!

Offline k6ccc

• Kudos: 4
    • Newburgh Lights
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »
Like JonB said, it would be a long trip for me as well, but I have a sister and a friend in Colorado Springs.  So maybe I'll have to plan a trip to Colorado to visit them and just happen to pick the right weekend to attend your get together later this year...
Hey Jon, maybe we'll have to co-ordinate to attend the same month.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 02:40:36 PM by k6ccc »
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
Jim

Offline XmasLightGuy

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »
Planing to be there (weather dependent ofcourse)

Offline XmasLightGuy

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »
Quote from: XmasLightGuy
Planing to be there (weather dependent ofcourse)
Gonna have to change that to won't be able to make it due to car issues.