Author Topic: New to the hobby  (Read 376 times)

Offline rbraun

• Kudos: 0
New to the hobby
« on: January 22, 2019, 02:31:41 PM »
Just ordered an F48 and 3 receivers. Waiting for the post person to arrive and start engineering my first scene. I already have a Pi 3 and hardware. Any tips or help ensuring success will be great! 8)

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 14
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
Re: New to the hobby
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 03:47:59 PM »
Tip #1 Use the search function (here, on Facebook, in other forums like Aus Christmas Lighting) - your question has probably been answered and the knowledge is already out there if you are willing to search and read/watch.

Tip #2 Don't be afraid to try and fail.  Do your research and then don't be afraid to try.  (Not with everything - don't "try" with live full voltage as it can hurt and cause death) but for the majority of ideas/questions that new folks have you can try and figure out what works best for you.

Tip #3 Give back - if your "trial" ends up being something new, share with the community so others can learn.

Hope this helps, mv
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline Kensington Graves

• Kudos: 1
Re: New to the hobby
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 01:59:31 PM »
Tip #4 Dave Pitts gives great tech support and has vast knowledge on this stuff.  Don't be afraid to call him.