Author Topic: FPP v2.x plugin integration  (Read 1703 times)

Offline ghormann

• Kudos: 0
    • Christmas as the Hormanns
Re: FPP v2.x plugin integration
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2019, 07:47:08 PM »
Im thinking of having a lot of this in the template plugin.  This way if you want to create a new plugin, you just install the template plugin, use its clone button to make a new plugin from the template, and then go in and edit existing PHP files, stub functions, and scripts.  We can have some form of docs as well.  This can go in an appendix to the FPP manual or in a separate doc.

The template is a good idea.   Is the FPP Manual still being maintained?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2019, 07:48:33 PM »
Is the FPP Manual still being maintained?

The manual hasn't been updated in a while, but Poporacer is stepping up to help us try to get it updated for FPP v2.x and back into shape, including adding information about creating plugins.
-
Chris

Offline jcross

• Developer
  • Kudos: 1
    • Crosslights Christmas
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »
Just looking at the template on git.  There is a help.php file but I thought the help file needed to be in help/<plugin_name>.php

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »
Just looking at the template on git.  There is a help.php file but I thought the help file needed to be in help/<plugin_name>.php

The help directory is where help files for the context sensitive help reside.  That doesn't mean all help files have to be in that directory, but it would probably be best.  Clicking the "Press F1 for Help" or pressing F1 loads those help/* pages into a popup. 

The menu.inc file in the template plugin references the plugin's help.php page and also shows you aren't limited to a single menu entry per plugin.  I just pushed an update to the template plugin to add context sensitive help pages for the content.php, output.php, and status.php pages and also move the generic help.php example into that subdir as well and update the menu.inc file.

Thanks for catching this.  I don't think I help pages for my plugins or at least it's been so long I don't remember making them. :)

Offline jcross

• Developer
  • Kudos: 1
    • Crosslights Christmas
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2019, 11:51:02 AM »

The help directory is where help files for the context sensitive help reside.  That doesn't mean all help files have to be in that directory, but it would probably be best.  Clicking the "Press F1 for Help" or pressing F1 loads those help/* pages into a popup. 

The menu.inc file in the template plugin references the plugin's help.php page and also shows you aren't limited to a single menu entry per plugin.  I just pushed an update to the template plugin to add context sensitive help pages for the content.php, output.php, and status.php pages and also move the generic help.php example into that subdir as well and update the menu.inc file.

Thanks for catching this.  I don't think I help pages for my plugins or at least it's been so long I don't remember making them. :)

okay thanks, I'll add this note to the toolbox :)