Author Topic: PiCap Will Not Output in V2.6  (Read 807 times)

Offline mmais68569

• Kudos: 0
PiCap Will Not Output in V2.6
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:07:28 PM »
I need an extra set of eyes to see what I missed. The Picap will not output a sequence to the lights but I can test with no problems. I used this PiCap to run a sequence on my Christmas tree inside this year & worked flawless. I upgraded it to 2.6 & now I can not get it to output a sequence to the lights. Below are screen shots of my setup. I have tried both with & without a cat5 connected with same results will not run. I have checked the box "Enable Routing Between Networks". What I am trying to run is an automation with no audio. Please let me know if you see something wrong.
 Thanks Mike 

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 44
Re: PiCap Will Not Output in V2.6
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 01:18:00 PM »
If you are using a PiCap for the pixels, then your final screen - CHANNEL OUTPUTS is wrong.  You configured it to send the data out the WLAN port (e1.31) instead of the PiCap.   
To tell FPP to send data to the PiCap you need to configure those ports under the PI PIXEL STRINGS tab.  First time there,  you need to select "New Type" RPIWS281X and click ADD OUTPUT.
Then you can configure the PiCap ports.  Be sure to SAVE and RESTART FPPD
-Mark

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 02:43:11 PM »
I corrected the outputs & can play a musical fseq file in the test mode & all works good. Now when I go to test the animation fseq file in the test mode it will not play. The animation file is 6 min. could that be the problem? What is the difference?
Mike

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 03:26:11 PM »
I can never seem to get a sequence to start in test mode unless I enable test mode in the test page first, then start the sequence, then go back and disable test mode.  IMHO I would never use the test mode to play a sequence.  It is a pain to have to create a playlist everytime I want to do this, but at least it works reliably.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 07:34:44 PM »
I corrected the outputs & can play a musical fseq file in the test mode & all works good. Now when I go to test the animation fseq file in the test mode it will not play. The animation file is 6 min. could that be the problem? What is the difference?
Mike

I'd suspect a difference in the xLights setup when you saved the animation file. Go back to xlights and be sure that your layout and setup is the same between the two sequences.  Your WS2811xx screen setup looks perfect.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 07:12:42 AM »
Here is my xLights setup. Looks good to me but something is wrong as sequence does not play. Is there a limit for the number of universes that can be put in xLights.
Could this also be a problem:
The router I am using has the same subnet .1 as the router I use for my show. The router will be placed in my RV so after setup it will not effect the operation of my show network. Could this be the problem causing the sequence to not run?
Mike

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 08:59:01 AM »
If it will play a musical fseq and not an animated one, then I suspect that there is something wrong with the animation fseq. Go to Xlights and re-render the animation sequence, then go to Check Sequence and see if you have any errors. If all is good, then save the new animation fseq on your PI and try again. Let us know the results. I don't know what the maximum number of Universes are that Xlights can handle but I am sure it is more than you have set up. How many do you have set up?
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 09:16:32 AM »
Re-rendered no problems found re-uploaded & still will not play. I am at 95 universes.
Mike

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 09:37:47 AM »
When your mouse hovers over your start channel value, what Absolute channel # does it display? Is it the same as on your FPP?

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 10:59:29 AM »
If a Musical Sequence plays but an animation doesn't, I strongly suggest looking at your animation sequence. Post a screenshot of the screen that you are using to test the animation and your xlights sequence for the animation.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 01:19:59 PM »
I think I have figured the problem is with xLights. The Coke song I tested was made last year with 2018. The animation was made with 2019.6, I have also sequenced a musical sequence with 2019.?.I uploaded that sequence & can not get it to play with FPP 2.6. So it has to be something between xLights & FPP. The xLights appear to be small compressed files is there something in FPP 206 I need to change to get these files to work?
Any ideas??
 Mike

Offline andrewuk311

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 05:44:32 PM »
I think you need to go to Xlights -> Settings -> FSEQ Version and switch to V1

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 06:07:54 PM »
I did that & still not playing. I am at my wits end. It is going to be one of those simple slap in the face errors when we get it figured out. Below are the xLight settings for this sequence maybe someone can see a problem. The universes are highlighted in blue in the first pic. & the model is in blue in the second pic. last pic is the simple sequence. Going to use this to run one strand of 75 nodes on my RV awning.
 Mike

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 44
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 07:11:52 AM »
In xlights you have that model starting at channel 47437.
In FPP you have it starting at channel 1

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2019, 07:21:19 AM »
I have the start channel set to 192.168.1.30 94:1
I have tried 47437 in FPP & still will not work.
Mike