Author Topic: Denver Get Together  (Read 8883 times)

Offline smeighan

• Developer
  • Kudos: 11
    • Nutcracker123
Re: Denver Get Together
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 09:52:14 AM »
Brian (FireMedic4Christ) has found us a venue

Conference room reserved at my HQ just north of park meadows mall (I-25 & County Line) for aug 31 from 9am- 530pm.

South Metro Fire Rescue Authority Administration
9195 East Mineral Ave
Centennial, CO 80138

Basement level conference room 1 and 2

projectors and screens, wifi, kitchen, soda and snack machines, bring extension cord and power strips,

I think room holds over 100 so there will be plenty of room and it can be divided it we want.

Brian
Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

Offline smeighan

• Developer
    • Nutcracker123
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:37 AM »
We have our first door prize thanks to Jim StJohn from San Devices

jstjohnz wrote:
I will donate an E6804 for a door prize, just need someone to give me a reminder a couple of weeks before.

The Sandevices E680/E681/E682 Pixel Controllers, part of the PIXEL PROJECT
www.sandevices.com

Offline RichM

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 11:12:49 PM »
I plan on coming.  I can bring a strap used on my megatree if that's something people want to see.  Is there anything else I should bring?

Rich

Offline smeighan

• Developer
    • Nutcracker123
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 12:12:04 AM »
I plan on coming.  I can bring a strap used on my megatree if that's something people want to see.  Is there anything else I should bring?

Rich

Maybe one rail of the fence that you mounted lights, i found that interesting.

sean

Offline RichM

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »
I'll try to bring one.  They are in 10' sections and might be difficult to cram into my car.  I'll also bring a string of the Technicolor/firepix for everyone to see.

Offline Kevin

• Administrator
    • Colorado Christmas
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »
Rich,

I have  a shorter rail that I can bring if you like.
-------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline Illusions

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 08:42:48 PM »
You can count David and Renee from Fort Collins. This sounds awesome.
Σ - Illusions are art, for the feeling person, and it is by art, we live, if we do.
-Elizabeth Bowen-

Offline RichM

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 10:01:26 PM »
I checked today with a tape measure.  I should be able to bring one with me. 
Kevin,  If you want to bring one as well, I would like to see how yours came out.  The more the merrier!

Rich

Offline FireMedic4Christ

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »
I plan on coming.  . . . .  Is there anything else I should bring?

Rich

C6 node covers and the tool used to make the hole slightly bigger.

Brian
Brian

Offline RichM

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »
Brian, are you referring to the c-7 covers I used on my stars over the pixel nodes?  I'll pop one of those off and bring it. 

David, could you bring the tool I borrowed to make those.  It is the same tool you used to make holes in the strapping.

I'm hoping that the new c-7 screw covers that Ray is developing for the technicolor strings will work instead of having to go through all the work I did to make mine. :)
However, I don't think they have been listed for sale yet.

Rich

Offline smeighan

• Developer
    • Nutcracker123
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 11:23:52 PM »
Newest update on Aug 2, 2013

What: Denver Area Christmas Get Together
When: 9am-6pm Aug 31 , 2013
Where: Conference room reserved at FireMedic4Christ work. just north of park meadows mall (I-25 & County Line) for aug 31 from 9am- 530pm.
South Metro Fire Rescue Authority Administration
9195 East Mineral Ave
Centennial, CO 80138
Basement level conference room 1 and 2
projectors and screens, wifi, kitchen, soda and snack machines, bring extension cord and power strips,
I think room holds over 100 so there will be plenty of room and it can be divided it we want.

Updated list of people interested, Current count for this event
19 Yes
1   No

Name         |     Jul 27   |     Aug 3   |   Aug 10  |   Aug 17  |   Aug 24  | Aug 31    | FORUM
--------------+------------+------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-------
Sean           |        Y      |     N         |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     |  DLA
Brian           |        Y      |     Y         |    Y         |      N       |      N       |      Y     | DLA
taybrynn      |        Y      |     N        |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     | DLA
javo             |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y      | DIYC
kmalsom      |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | DIYC
kevin           |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | LOR
T. Bennett    |        Y     |     Y         |    N        |     N        |      N       |      N     | LOR
greg.ca        |        Y     |     Y         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y        |      Y     | LOR
mms            |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | FALCON
pk                |        Y      |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
dpitts            |       N      |    N         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kevin            |        Y     |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
rich               |        Y    |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kiplorenzo     |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | LOR
dandameron  |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | FALCON
richard           |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
justtazz          |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
dandyman      |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
David/Renee   |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | Falcon Christmas

We have people driving down from Fort Collins and up from Colorado springs.

Some suggestions for an agenda

Brian wrote:
- If enough people have the falcon16, perhaps David can talk about setup etc.
- Swap meet if people have stuff to sell or trade.
- Show and tell. I thought this was one of the best parts down in the COS as well as the recent academy in TX.
- setting up rgb / universes to work in LOR3
- how Sean ran show only using nutcracker
- Basics of using vixen 3. Someone in the metro used it exclusively, although I don't remember who.
mms wrote:
A demo of the Falcon Pi Player may be neat.
I'd like to see a demo of Vixen 3 and/or HLS.
Maybe a show and tell new show elements.
sean wrote:
- i will demonstrate how to share nutcracker sequences. ill bring 20 already done and share them
- will bring my 20x120 flex strips and set them up to demo xlights
Greg write:
- I have a lot of 5 meter WS2811 strips 12VDC still brand new in the bags not opened that I want to sell from Ray Wu.  They are just a few     weeks old.
- I also would like to set up a 'swap meet' of Christmas light items that we all could buy/sell/trade. Bring all your unused or un-needed christmas light stuff and let's see if we can trade.
-I'm currently needing 5V WS2811 strips as my requirements for my megatree changed in mid build.

What is everyone bringing?

I will bring my laptop and xlights
pi player => FPD => (2) Falcon-16 baords => 32 strings of lights
20x120 flex 1809 strips mounted to 1/2" metal emt. I will lay them out on the floor and make a grid display
Dave Pitts 7' Candle made out of coro
Coro Star, 60 nodes of rgb inside
Maybe, I will bring my 9' (really 8' 10") Nutcracker
My 12' spider for Halloween

sean

Thanks all

sean

Offline RichM

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 12:00:16 AM »
I'm bringing:

Laptop with LOR 3.8.2 loaded.  Etherdongle => Falcon 16 board => various light strings
Technicolor light string and the "knock off" technicolor light string.  Some c-9 light covers for these.
One strap with lights installed from my megatree.  the nail I used to make the holes.
A modified and unmodified c-7 cover for pixel nodes.
10' rail used for my yard borders.
A sample of the joint I use for my window borders.

Rich

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 06:35:14 AM »
you guys should put this all into a RV and start a national tour! 

this event sounds great!
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Illusions

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »
Renee and myself are still trying to figure it all out.  The swap meet sounds great we need to buy a lot of items still but we are not sure what to buy so having people who know will be awesome.

Offline RichM

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2013, 11:31:15 PM »
Illusions,  A great place to start is figuring out what you want your display to look like.  Map out where everything will go in your yard.  Create a list of props you want in order of their importance to you.  We can then go over them and break down what is needed for each. 

The swap meet portion of these meetings usually falls flat.  If there is something specific you are looking for, it's better to ask now to see if anyone has one to sell you.  Otherwise, we can help you create a shopping list and where to buy from during the meeting.

Rich