Author Topic: [COMPLETE][GROUP BUY] BeagleBone/PocketBeagle based controllers  (Read 8417 times)

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 92
    • KulpLights.com
Re: [GROUP BUY] BeagleBone/PocketBeagle based controllers
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2019, 01:22:29 PM »
Thanks for that...

Other stuff:

Buck/Power:    MEZD71202A-G
RJ45 - 380-1050-ND
Capacitor: P15810CT-ND
Resistor networks: 268-100-RC

Then 4x generic 0.1uF disc capacitors, a 6mm push button (optional).   All the ICs could be socketed, but thats up to you.

Offline dloftis

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2019, 12:33:21 PM »

It will then likely take about 6-8 weeks for manufacture and ship from China at which point I will do further testing before shipping out to you.  Deliveries likely beginning of May.

Any update on timing for these? Not being impatient, just curious.

Offline dkulp

• KulpLights.com
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
It will then likely take about 6-8 weeks for manufacture and ship from China at which point I will do further testing before shipping out to you.  Deliveries likely beginning of May.
Any update on timing for these? Not being impatient, just curious.

I got the tracking number on Tuesday.   However, they haven't moved from "Hong Kong" yet.     :(

Dan

Offline dkulp

• KulpLights.com
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2019, 05:28:32 AM »

Well, they sat in Hong Kong for 5 days... today they moved to Taoyuan, Taiwan.   I'm not really sure if that is progress or not.  :(   

That said, they at least now gave me an estimated delivery of this Friday.

Dan

Offline Yamr6rider

• Kudos: 2
  • Here we go!
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »
Still time to get a mounted Pocket Scroller? I'm willing to solder if that helps.

Item               Qty Cost Total Cost
PocketScroller   1    $16   $16
PocketBeagle    1    $30   $30
Shipping                           $8
Total                              $54
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:39:03 PM by Yamr6rider »
Jon

Online Sawdust

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »

Well, they sat in Hong Kong for 5 days... today they moved to Taoyuan, Taiwan.   I'm not really sure if that is progress or not.  :(   

That said, they at least now gave me an estimated delivery of this Friday.

Dan

Nothing different about that....one man row boat from Hong Kong to Taiwan.  Hope they use a powered boat from Taiwan to USA.

Offline dkulp

• KulpLights.com
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2019, 11:57:38 AM »

I think I'm going to have a busy weekend....

Offline dkulp

• KulpLights.com
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2019, 01:23:57 PM »

The F32-B at least boots up and runs pixels on port 1.  :)

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 45
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2019, 02:32:03 PM »
Oooooh I'm feeling giddy like Christmas in May  ;D    ..and making me regret I didn't order more  :-[
-Mark

Offline spcmky

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2019, 05:55:05 AM »
That looks awesome. Any one have suggestions or pictures of how they have mounted the boards?

Offline dkulp

• KulpLights.com
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2019, 08:16:20 AM »
That looks awesome. Any one have suggestions or pictures of how they have mounted the boards?

Since no one has one of these yet, there wouldn't be any pictures.   The best option would be my walk through video at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riS5lvDUubE

At around 3:10, I pull out one of the older F32-B v1's so you can see how I mounted it.   Another one shown around 8 minutes in.

Offline dkulp

• KulpLights.com
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2019, 01:38:04 PM »
I wanted to give everyone another status update:   I've spent a bit of time testing this weekend.   Good news and bad news. 

First: the good news.   All four board are driving pixels very well.   FPP boots up (2.7 required), pixels can be configured, pixels light up.   Also, the OLED worked and displayed the basic network stuff.   The RTC works.   The temperature and voltage sensors are working. Things were looking promising.

Then I hit the bad news:  the supplier apparently received a bad reel of push buttons.   Only about 1/2 of the push buttons work.   For the PocketBeagle designs (F40D-PB and F8-PB), it somehow worked out that for the most part, either both buttons work or neither button works.  Thus, I have some working boards.    For the full size beagle boards, they have 3 buttons (power button added) and, for the most part, each board has either 1 or 2 buttons not working.  I only have a handful of fully working boards. 

I've contacted the board manufacturer to figure out how best to proceed.   The push buttons are simple to replace so I'll likely have to do it, but I need to order new buttons (or they will need to ship me new buttons) and I'll need to spend some time that I don't have to replace them.   (baseball season is rough)

Anyway, I was hoping to be able to ship out most of the orders tomorrow, but that's not going to happen.   I'm going to try and ship some stuff out, but most orders will take a bit longer.     

Yes... I'm completely frustrated.  :(

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2019, 05:50:03 PM »
That's some bad luck. I completely understand. Please don't feel rushed to get mine shipped.  It's early and I know the basic foot print so I can do everything else and then pop it in a box when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kockie

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2019, 05:50:25 AM »
What buttons are needed? I'd like to receive my boards as soon as reaonably possible, because i need them this summer. I don't mind to solder them myself, i may already have the right switches in my mancave.
Errors above are made for entertaining readers only

English is not my native language.

Offline dkulp

• KulpLights.com
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2019, 06:49:14 AM »
What buttons are needed? I'd like to receive my boards as soon as reaonably possible, because i need them this summer. I don't mind to solder them myself, i may already have the right switches in my mancave.

They are 4.5mm, surface mount push buttons.  Something like:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/612-TL3305AF160QG

The good news is that they are fairly easy to replace.   If you look the attached photo, you can see that they are relatively far from other SMD components and the SMD pads are relatively large and well separated.   Thus, a hot air reflow station should be able to handle it easily .  Blast them with some hot air to remove, dab of solder past on each pad, place the new switch, blast again.   The F8-PB is a bit trickier as both button are right next to the end of the expansion header so I don't know what the blast of hot air might do to that.   The pads are large enough that a soldering iron can also be used so that's an option.

They are shipping me a full reel of replacement switches.   I should get them later this week, likely Thursday.   I hope to be able to fix enough of the boards over the weekend to cover the group buy boards and ship them out early next week.   Thus, there are three options:

1) I can ship out boards today/tomorrow with defective buttons.  You'll need to source the buttons and replace yourself.

2) I can ship out boards on Thursday/Friday and I can include a strip of buttons that you can then use to replace.   Again, not hard.

3) You can wait until I can fix them and ship next week sometime.

Let me know.  Happy to accommodate whichever you prefer.