Author Topic: P10 panel flickering  (Read 1172 times)

Offline pmiller

• Kudos: 1
Re: P10 panel flickering
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2019, 01:50:07 PM »
Well, last night I turned around rows 2 and 4 so the arrows are down. Tested this morning and have an issue. The first 4 horizontal rows light up and then the next 4 horizontal rows are dead. This is happening up the entire panel. Worked great yesterday until I rotated the panels. Current LED panel setup attached.

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 87
    • KulpLights.com
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2019, 01:54:02 PM »
That is almost always the cable....   reseat the cable for that row.   Maybe replace it. 

Offline pmiller

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2019, 02:03:37 PM »
That is almost always the cable....   reseat the cable for that row.   Maybe replace it.

The thing is it's happening on all the panels.

Offline pmiller

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
This is getting stranger. I only connected the first panel and setup LED for 1 panel. Same thing. The first 4 horizontal rows light up and the second 4 rows are dark. 3rd set of 4 are lit and the last 4 are dark. It's every other 4 horizontal rows. Doesn't make sense. I should add that I changed cables 4 times and checked voltage at the panel. 4 volts and sometimes slightly less.

Offline pmiller

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »
This hobby is going to be the death of me....but I love it. What a way to die. Sex is nothing compared to loving this. Anyway, I got it working. Apparently my panels are 1/8 scan. Yesterday when I ran the test I had it set to 1/4 scan. Not sure why it worked but it appears its working great now (until the next issue arises).

Offline k6ccc

• Kudos: 6
    • Newburgh Lights
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2019, 08:48:21 AM »
Got it running. What the directions fail to add was attaching the cap to the BBB. Would have helped a lot to know that. Might want to add that in the instructions.
Sure enough.  Got mine yesterday.  Did not have time to do anything with construction, but I did follow the traces for power.  The incoming power goes through the fuse and then to pins 5 & 6 of P9 which are listed as VDD 5V or 5V Raw.  Then presumably return to the Octo on pins 7 & 8 of P9 which are listed as Sys 5V or just 5V  That trace then goes to the IC sockets.
Thanks for the tip!
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
Jim

Offline k6ccc

• Kudos: 6
    • Newburgh Lights
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
Got it running. What the directions fail to add was attaching the cap to the BBB.
I had a somewhat lengthy phone call with Dean before lunch.  He is aware of the documentation error and will get it corrected soon.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 124
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2019, 03:27:47 PM »
I looked at my working board like this and it did have the capacitor installed. I don't remember specific instructions to put it there (back in October), but I did.