Author Topic: Running Test Patterns using switches on board  (Read 138 times)

Offline danj

• Kudos: 1
Running Test Patterns using switches on board
« on: February 08, 2019, 12:20:54 PM »
I am not able to run test patterns "from the board" using the onboard switches.    I can do everything else with the switches no problem.   I can run test patterns from the GUI no problem.   Any ideas?  It is so super convenient to run test patterns from the board instead of hooking up cat5 and running from GUI.    Yes I know I'm spoiled....    I have reset the F16 a few times and I am running the FW version from just prior to Christmas 2018.   TIA.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 43
Re: Running Test Patterns using switches on board
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »

from the User Manual:

Test Menu
The Test Menu lists the available test patterns which may be selected.  There are a total of five test patterns available, but only four will be displayed on the screen at any time.  The arrow on the right side of the OLED will indicate which button can be pressed to see additional patterns.  Note that these patterns will be the same as those found on the Web Interface Page (see Section 4.2.1.2.2 and Figure 4-19)

Figure 4-10: OLED Test Menu ScreenThe currently selected test pattern will be preceded by an asterisk (*).  To change the test pattern, use the up/down buttons to highlight the choice and then press the select button. 
Note that selecting a test pattern does NOT start the test pattern, it only chooses which pattern will be displayed when the test function is selected.To activate the Test Mode, hold the Test/Boot button (Figure 4-11) for 2-3 seconds until LED 1 is off and LED 2 is on solid (Figure 4-12).  To stop the Test Mode, hold Test/Boot button for 2-3 seconds until LED 1 is on solid and LED 2 is off.  Note the Power LED will be on solid for both the Run and Test Modes.
-Mark

Offline danj

• Kudos: 1
Re: Running Test Patterns using switches on board
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:54:20 PM »
Thank you sir.   User error AND I shoulda read the manual.   I lose two points...