Author Topic: Bowling install  (Read 524 times)

Offline Cartwright31

• Kudos: 1
Bowling install
« on: February 10, 2019, 03:45:08 PM »
https://youtu.be/0lz-RwMbN1Q
Quick video of what I have installed at some of our centers. Many Thanks to David and the Flights team.

Offline Cartwright31

Re: Bowling install
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 03:53:11 PM »
Xlights team that is.

Offline TNF250

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 09:20:57 AM »
Very nice. I think I remember reading on this. Was it done with the F48?
Zane
Springfield, TN

X-Lights - RPi3 - FPP - Falcon - DLA Lynx

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 43
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 09:25:01 AM »
Very nice. I think I remember reading on this. Was it done with the F48?

I was thinking the same thing... I remember reading about this and am curious which solution was used in the end.
-Mark

Offline Cartwright31

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:57:46 AM »
I spoke with David several times but never posted anything. I used the FV48. Fit this application perfect. Used 11 of the 12 receiver boards. Running the capping lights at 30% and the pit lights at 100% to prevent scoring issues. 

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 11:24:46 AM »
What kind of lights did you use and how did you attach them? I would think some sort of pixel strip but I was wondering if there is any protection against ball strikes. With that setup, you could do some cool things, do you sequence to songs for special events? The cap lights can affect the scoring? I would think it is the other way around, but then I know nothing of how the scoring system works.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline Cartwright31

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 12:44:20 PM »
Used 12v sq pixels from Ray. Used J channel and drilled holes in them. Attached to current light fixture. Already positioned in safe location.

Right now I am just running animation. 5 to 10 min sequences. Our music is an approved playlist. Down the road I will probably play with that but for now it really adds to our Xtreme package.

The capping lights do not affect the scoring. Running 30% more for voltage. 144 pixels per capping. Have the pit lights at 100% so we do not have scoring issues. Have 32 pixels on each lane.

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 04:18:08 PM »
Thanks for the info. Just out of curiosity, how does the scoring system work and why would the brightness have an affect on that system? I would think that if no light works, and 100% light works, why would something in between cause a problem? I just like to understand things.

Offline Cartwright31

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 04:35:50 PM »
Has to have a light. Used light reflection to see the pins.100% is a better look and just want to make sure on some of the lighter colors it still scores correct.

Offline MyKroFt

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 04:37:38 PM »
If I remember correctly when I worked at a Brunswick setup years ago, its a scanner head rotating back and forth, looking for a reflection off the top of the pin head.  There has to be enough light for it to tell the difference.

Offline MyKroFt

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 04:39:37 PM »
neat way would be a pi taking input and do animations reacting to whatever music is playing.  Lots of examples/units off amazon.  Just need software to process the input and send output to the f48

Offline Cartwright31

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
Thought about using some sensors to control on/off with the ball going down the lane. That will have to be when I have more time though. They have projection mapping out now and use sensors to make the image move as the ball goes down the lane. Alot of awesome products but come with a hefty price tag.

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 05:03:03 PM »
Has to have a light. Used light reflection to see the pins.100% is a better look and just want to make sure on some of the lighter colors it still scores correct.
IC, so you are using those lights for illumination and your normal lights are off. So those lights will always have to have some sort of pattern on them?

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 05:05:32 PM »
neat way would be a pi taking input and do animations reacting to whatever music is playing.  Lots of examples/units off amazon.  Just need software to process the input and send output to the f48
Like the old color organ? That was one of my first electronic projects many moons ago!

Offline Cartwright31

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »
Yes. Was using several colors for color wash but some of the in-between colors were pretty dark.. so I had to limit some of my color choices. The bars effect looks really good scrolling from the middle out.