Author Topic: F16v3 with F16V3 Expansion Board and F16V3 Differential Expansion Board?  (Read 319 times)

Offline usmick78

• Kudos: 0
  • Some gave all. All gave some.
Hello all   ;D ,

Is it possible to run a F16v3 Controller with the F16v2/F16v3 Expansion Board as well as a F16v2/F16v3 Differential Board?  I don't have any great distances to go but want to be able to decentralize power if needed as well as run about 3400 pixels on the house.  I know; power injection, power injection, power injection.  I have some diagrams of what I am trying to do.

I modified the layout to include pixel count.  Let me know if there are going to be any problems.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:15:18 AM by usmick78 »
When in doubt, empty the magazine!
Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Online Poporacer

• Kudos: 7
Re: F16v3 with F16V3 Expansion Board and F16V3 Differential Expansion Board?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:55:25 AM »
Yes, you can run up to two expansion boards (Differential Expansion and/or Expansion board). You could also use a Master/Remote setup if that suits your purpose and then you would not need an Expansion type board or receiver and expand the total number of pixels you can run. (An F16V3 will only be able to control ~16,000 pixels, the Expansion type boards does not extend pixel count, it expands the total number of connection ports or range, but not the total number of pixels that the F16V3 can process)
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.