Author Topic: New to xLights  (Read 287 times)

Offline ericg2000

• Kudos: 0
New to xLights
« on: March 27, 2019, 08:32:32 PM »
i am a recent switcher (lor ro xlights) and have a question... i am switching over from lor S5.  the reason for the switch is i am adding more pixels this year, and for me to use S5 i need to pay for an upgraded license which will run me at least $149, which i don't want to pay. 

i have three lor pixie 2 controllers, that i want to use for my arches, and i plan on adding a falcon F16v3 for everything else.  i may sell the pixies eventually, but its not in my immediate plans.  see pictures... i want to use the falcon for the roof, windows wreath and trees, then use the pixie on the arches. 

i have watched a few videos, and i know i should create the props in order by channel.  i want to make the arches and pixie the end of the list, how should i number my channels? 

Offline toml8345

• Kudos: 0
Re: New to xLights
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »
Setting your channel numbers in XLights does not have to be a chore.  You can just add your models and then choose your Start Channel as "End of Model...." or several other ways.  It makes it easy to move the channel numbers around to get them in an order for your liking.