Author Topic: PCB for connecting OLED to F8-PB v1.0  (Read 218 times)

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
PCB for connecting OLED to F8-PB v1.0
« on: April 26, 2019, 07:10:13 PM »

These PCBs are free to anyone that wants them.  If you need or want some of these, send me a PM and I will mail them to you within the US. Outside of the US we can figure something out.

I made this little breakout PCB to allow easy attachment of an OLED screen to the expansion header on the F8-PB boards.  This is designed for version 1.0 of those boards since v2.0 boards will have a header built into it.  This will NOT work with the F8-B boards designed for a BBB.  I copied CaptainMurdoch's Pi design so this will work with both G-V-SCL-SDA and V-G-SCL-SDA oled boards. 

Although not required, it would be appreciated if you would make a donation to the FPP developers.

Offline Wichita

• Kudos: 0
Re: PCB for connecting OLED to F8-PB v1.0
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »
I just put the 2 you sent me together.  They worked like a champ.  I almost messed up by putting the jumpers with one in A and the other in B.  The silk screen was a little hard to read because I'm getting old. But the picture you posted straightened me out.   Also be careful inserting it in the header, you can be off a row.  Thanks again.

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
Re: PCB for connecting OLED to F8-PB v1.0
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 02:22:17 PM »
If anyone wants these they are still available.  These also now work with the F8-B-version 1 boards thanks to Dan tweaking the FPP code.  However they cant work with the F8-B-version 2 boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk