Author Topic: OctoPlus....  (Read 324 times)

Online dkulp

• Kudos: 92
    • KulpLights.com
OctoPlus....
« on: May 02, 2019, 12:35:21 PM »

As part of the group buy order, I also designed and had them build a bunch of "OctoPlus" controllers.   This is a new Octoscroller design that includes a few things:
  • OLED header - this is the big addition
  • LM75 temperature sensor
  • PCF8523 real time clock with battery (CR1220)
It also contains 2 push buttons, but I'm honestly having trouble getting them to work reliably so it's not something I would count on.   The basic reason is that there are NO GPIO's left on the BBB.  The 8 outputs consume *every single GPIO pin* except for the 2 that are needed for the OLED/I2C.   Thus, it's kind of hard to add normal buttons.    I've attempted to use the push buttons to alter resistances on a voltage divider circuit and detect the voltage differences via an analog in pin, but it's only working 1/2 the time, if that.  I'm not really sure what's going on yet.  Might be a bug in the circuit or pcb or software issue or something.   Not really sure yet.

Anyway, they will be available in my store ( https://kulplights.com/product/octoplus/ ).  If anyone that submitted an order for the Group Buy that would like one, please let me know ASAP.   I can add this to the Group Buy list and things can ship together to save on shipping.

Online Babybear

• Kudos: 2
Re: OctoPlus....
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 06:39:56 AM »
This year at camp/cottage we celebrate 4th July with the Ring of fire around Consus lake. I brought my matrix with. Put a 5 min sequence on it.  It's a 16  P5 panel run by a BBB and a Octoplus.   The key here is the OctoPlus with menu driven right off the board.  Another great design by Dan.
JimmyG
Rochester, New York

Offline MyKroFt

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 08:19:35 AM »
any chance of sharing your sequences for these?

they look very professional

thanks for considering
Tony

Online Babybear

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »
I will love to. But (hate that word) I will not be home until Sunday night.  Can't put it out on the Google drive until then. I did bring my laptop with me but it's a 32 bit machine.  My matrix has 32768 LEDs in it so the channel count is 71304 and 32 bit won't handle it.  I will let you know when I put it out there.  The pix all off the internet. Eagle with flag.  Flag waving.

Offline MyKroFt

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »
no problem

Thanks
Tony

Online Babybear

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »
The zip file is called   4thjulymatrix.zip and is now out on the google drive under  new uploads

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B2ozCEidtWh3MUVzX0ZMc1pzY00?usp=sharing