Author Topic: Projector plugin seems broken in FPP v2.7  (Read 489 times)

Offline tomhammond

• Kudos: 0
Projector plugin seems broken in FPP v2.7
« on: May 13, 2019, 09:22:59 PM »

Hello,

I installed Falcon Player v2.7 as a fresh installation onto a new memory card, then installed the Projector Control plugin.  In the Input/Output Setup > Projector Control menu, when I check the "Enable plugin" checkbox, then click [Save Config], this error is reported:

"Error with plugin, requesting a page that doesn't exist" and the enable status is not saved.

One thing that I noticed differently in v2.7 is that the plugin folder is now called ~/media/plugins/FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control, not ~/media/plugins/ProjectorControl as before.  Could this be related to the problem?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
Re: Projector plugin seems broken in FPP v2.7
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 02:08:41 PM »
I will check this out, the newer installer users the repository name as the directory name while the old code used a 'short name' field in the config file.  It looks like I will need to add a new field to the config JSON to allow older plugins to be installed in the old directory name so they continue to work.

For now, I think you should be able to rename the directory from FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control to ProjectorControl to get it working again.
-
Chris

Offline tomhammond

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 09:04:55 AM »
Hi Chris,

Renaming the folder fixed the problem, thanks for the advice!

Tom

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
Renaming the folder fixed the problem, thanks for the advice!

Thanks for confirming that.  That means my planned fix should work.  I will try to get it fixed in the next day or so.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 04:17:47 PM »
This should be fixed in the master and v2.7 code branches now.  You will have to remove the ProjectorControl directory manually before reinstalling via the UI.  The patch makes a link from the old shortname to the new reponame so ProjectorControl would be a link pointing to FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control.  The link should get removed when the plugin is uninstalled.

Offline tomhammond

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 07:53:51 PM »

Hi Chris,

The v2.7.1 patch with the plugin link from the old shortname to the new reponame does not seem to work.

In v2.7, to fix the plugin folder name problem, you asked me simply rename FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control to ProjectorControl and that fixed my problem.  I was able to enable the plugin, click Save Config, and the plugin was enabled.

To help you test v2.7.1, I deleted the ProjectorControl folder, upgraded to v2.7.1, then reinstalled the projector plugin from the UI.  When I enable the plugin then click Save Config, the page refreshes and it appears that it saved.  But when I go to the Status/Control page and then back to the plugin's config page, it is not enabled.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 10:39:26 PM »

Can you check to see if the link is there?

Offline tomhammond

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 03:50:51 AM »
The link is there.  There is "FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control" in purple and "ProjectorControl" in cyan.  I am able to "cd" to both folders/links.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 10:34:15 PM »
The link is there.  There is "FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control" in purple and "ProjectorControl" in cyan.  I am able to "cd" to both folders/links.

OK, I tested this and it works for some things, but not for others.  The issue with this particular one is that the menu tries to be smart which is outsmarting the link.  The menu code in the plugin gets the plugin name from the directory of the file, which is FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control while the settings page has hardcoded ProjectorControl as the plugin name.  When the page loads, the settings for FPP-Plugin-Projector-Control are loaded, not for ProjectorControl.

I think I am going to have to put in a different fix to handle the cases like this.  I'll try to think of a solution tonight or tomorrow.  For now, you can remove the link and rename the directory to get it working.

Offline tomhammond

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 06:33:39 AM »
Hi Chris,

Sorry to give you a tricky situation to fix, but it's good that the bug was found as it affects multiple plugins.  You probably had nothing better to do this weekend anyway, right?  :)  Thanks for the workaround, that certainly helps!

Have a good Sunday,
Tom

Offline tomhammond

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 06:41:20 AM »
Hi Chris,

I was able to remove the link and rename the directory to get it working again under v2.7.1.

Thanks,
Tom