Author Topic: FS: Inventory of older BBB string capes...  (Read 169 times)

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 89
    • KulpLights.com
FS: Inventory of older BBB string capes...
« on: May 23, 2019, 06:51:39 PM »

Now that the "2019" versions of the BBB capes are in stock in and my store, I need to clear out the inventory of older stuff for the full size BBB.   I don't have much left, but I would like to get rid of it so my shelves in my office are a little less cluttered.

2 - F32-B v1's - $55 each  (sold)
2 - F8-B v1 - $30 each (sold)
4 - F8-B v2 - $35 each

The F32-B's and the v1 F8-B's are from the group buy 2 years ago.  They are a mix of through hole DIP chips with a little bit of surface mount resistors and LED's.  They cannot be modified for 24V as they don't have the resistor to remove.  However, they work fine for 5V/12V pixels.   One of the F32-B's has one of the screw terminals a different color as it needed to be replaced.

The v2 F8-B's are a redesign last year based on the layout from the F8-PB's.   They are almost entirely surface mount. 

Shipping (Priority Mail) would be between $8.50 for one/two of the F8-B's and $14 depending on what you want.   PM me if interested in any of it. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:50:15 AM by dkulp »

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
Re: FS: Inventory of older BBB string capes...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 04:53:33 AM »
Is there anyway to access pins to attach an oled or your other oled board you are about to release?  If so I would be interested in all of the F8-v2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 89
    • KulpLights.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 05:41:29 AM »
Is there anyway to access pins to attach an oled or your other oled board you are about to release?  If so I would be interested in all of the F8-v2.

Not easily.   The 2 I2C pins and the 3.3V pin are not connected to anything on the older boards.   Thus, you would need to solder jumper wires directly to those pins.   Looking at the board picture, the beagle header at the top has all three.   3.3V is pins 3/4.    The i2c pins are 19 and 20.  You'd need ground as well which is either pins 1/2 or 43-46.

If interested, I can solder short 3inch jumpers onto them for you for and extra $3 each.

I just had to bring up the pinouts to check, but I think the V1's are a bit easier as the i2c pins are exposed in the expansion header.   I'd need to verify this, but I THINK the i2c pins are the exact same pins as the PocketBeagle's F8-PB v1 used.   This is COMPLETELY by chance as i2c wasn't on the radar at all when I designed either of them, but it looks like they line up.   Thus,  I think your little board for the F8-PB would work for them.     If so, the target group for your adapter board may have just gotten bigger.

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 06:44:23 AM »
PM sent.

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 06:57:23 PM »
Are the F8-B v2 still available?